Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production & Customizing

ratana_pouy
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All Experts,

I have two servers, Production Server (Client:800) & Customizing Server (Client:200). I want to integrate within two servers, how do i do?

After i customized, i want to transport all my request to Production Server(800) but i don't know.

Best regard,

Ratana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ratana,

First of all you have 2 clients and not 2 servers. The terminology is incorrect. Server is physical in nature whereas client is logical entity.A server can host many applications incluidng several SAP systems.Now each of these SAP systems can have multiple clients.

Coming to integration : You basically want to set up transport connection between these 2 clients.My assumption is that both 200 and 800 are client of same SAP system.

In that case transports would be needed for only client specific customizing.Cross-client customizing and Repository changes would get anyways reflected across the clients. If they are however clients of 2 seperate systems then you need to transport all required/correctly tested changes  irrespective of their nature.

Important question is where is your quality system ??

Anyways coming to documentation. Pleasecheck this:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/44/b4a0137acc11d1899e0000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Please go through all the links under left hand side index to have a basic understanding of SAP transport management.

Regards.

Ruchit.

ratana_pouy
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Ruchit,

I am very pleasant for your answer, i just join SAP System so i have a lot of questions to ask.

Best Regard,

Ratana, Cambodia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ratana,

Thatz ok.We will try to help you as much as possible but you too have got to do a lot of self study as well 🙂

Regards.

Ruchit