cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processing different variable values in the same planning package

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When working in a planning package to execute the planning function that contains the exit function module, would I have to exit the planning package to process some other changed variable values. For example, the first action is to process budget type 1234, would I have to exit the planning package to process some other budget type 5678?

How does BPS work in this scenario? I was told that when changing the budget type or any variable values, I should not have to exit the planning package to process some other budget type. I should be able to get the expected results by staying in the same planning package.

Please advise.

Thanks,

RT

Message was edited by: Rob Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

cynara_kidwell
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

Could you please clarify your question? Is the budget type variable specified in the selection tab of the level containing package? (Since a level can only process/create data budget type that is specified in the level). If you want to change the budget type being processed in your level/package combo, change the value in the budget type variable used in the level. I hope this is of some help...

Cynara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cynara,

The requirement is to allow the users to stay within the same screen in the planning package and make any changes and rerun the planning function how many times the users wish to do so, and the results should be correct according to the changes.

I am working on the exit program to update the planning buffer, and at this time the requirement is to exit the planning package to reset or restart the run of the planning function after making the changes in order to process correctly the changed values, for example in this case the budget type. It could be any other changes.

What would be the usual procedure to make changes, the requirement to exit from the planning package, and then re-enter the planning package to process the changes? The request now is for me to add some code to not have to exit the planning package and allow the users to make changes and stay in the planning package to process any changes.

Hope this makes sense. Thank you for your reply.

RT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rob,

You can achieve your requirement by assigning a variable to the budget type in your planning level. The user would then be able to choose any budget type from with in the same screen.

You would also not need to refresh the buffer, as the system would dynamically refresh the data.

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Would you mean the system will automatically refresh the buffer? Is there anyway I can refresh the buffer manually? For the requirement that we are working on, it seems that I have to add the code to achieve what we are looking for.

Thanks

RT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rob,

You can manually trigger the save and refresh of the buffer by calling the standard function modules API_SEMBPS_POST and

API_SEMBPS_REFRESH.

You can create an planning function of type exit and call these two variables in the sequence of save and refresh.

This way you will save all data before removing it from the buffer.

Sunil

Answers (0)