cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process Server Alert emails needed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Can you please let me know if I can receive emails, if Process server in CPS goes to shutdown or any other undesirable status.

I know that operator messages will be created but how do I receive mails to my inbox.

Let me know the steps.

Thanks,

Ramakrishnan R

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

h_carpenter
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramakrishnan,

The easiest would be to use the active monitoring module, I would say, that is one of the features it excels at.

Otherwise you can also use the monitor tree to raise events and fire email jobs from those events. This would be the poor man's active monitoring, no escalation, no dynamic configuration so it all depends, how many process servers are involved ? How much is your time worth ?

Regards,

HP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi HP,

Can you explain more on the " active monitoring module".

We have 4-5 process servers. For every two  months, we usually face a process server shutdown issue.

Hence I thought receiving mails to one user and forwarding to multiple user is the best way to quickly work on restarting the process servers.

Hence my focus is to get alerts in any of the above two ways you suggest.

Thanks

Ramakrishnan

h_carpenter
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See Administration Guide > Administering the Scheduling Landscape > Advanced Notification and Alerting with the Active Monitoring Module and more specifically:  Triggering Alerts > Process Server Alert Sources.

You basically have "alert source" objects where you can say:

When process server with a name matching "Finance*" reaches status "Connecting", raise an alert. This alert creates an operator message and can then be sent via email to the operators, if nothing happens after, say 15 minutes, escalate to manager [...] escalate to CTO.

Of course, "name matching '*' " matches any process server and you can specify any process server status, you can also say, if the process server stays connecting for more than 10 seconds/minutes....

With active monitoring, you can do the "same" for jobs ... when a job matching some criteria reaches status "<status>" fire an alert to "<operators>" so they can fix the problem.

The alternative for you (without active monitoring so it does not support jobs, escalations etc) would be:

For each process server:

Navigate to Monitoring > Monitor Tree, select Edit from the context menu of  /System/Process Servers/My_Process_Server, On the Monitor Events tab, create an event definition for this, severity 75 - rising, have a job definition wait on this event and send an email.

Regards,

HP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi HP,

Wonderful Thanks I will try the same and reach out if I need help.

Regards,

Ramakrishnan

Answers (0)