cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process Chains with Control M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

We are planning to use Control M to process all BW Process Chains.. I see there is good document <b>"Improve Control-M's Handling of BW Data Loads with These Enhancements"</b> in www.bwexpertonline.com.

If anybody has this document please let me know if you like to share me.

Here is the link

http://www.bwexpertonline.com/archive/Volume%2001%20(2003)/Issue%2006%20(June)/V1I6A2.cfm?session=

Thanks in advance

Mavi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am currently leading a project, which includes implementing Control-M/CM for SAP. Our project includes scheduling and monitoring dependencies between SAP R/3 and SAP BW, including process chains. From the communications within this topic, it appears that there are others that are also considering these options. If you are interested, I would welcome the opportunity to organize an initial conference call to determine if we can help one another through a collaborative effort.

Currently, we use Control-M (option for SAP) for the R/3 scheduling. With the growing demands in BW, particularly for the current project I'm leading, a more robust solution is needed to accomplish our operational goals on the BW side. We have Control-M/CM for SAP installed and connected with a BW sandbox and are currently reviewing the functionality.

Please feel free to e-mail me at kmenke@semprautilities.com if you are interested in such collaboration or would like to discuss further.

Sincerely,

Kevin Menke

Software Development Team Lead

San Diego Gas & Electric, a Sempra Energy utility

IT-Shared Software Development Services

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom and Kevin,

We are also reviewing about Control-M implementation for BW and R/3. Could you forward any documentation related to Control-M to my e-mail (gs_guptha@yahoo.com).

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mavi,

unfortunately, I won't be able to help you much about this. We are also thinking about interfacing Control-M with BW jobs but we have absolutely no idea of where to start with this (we are Basis team, we have no real knowledge of the processes of BW).

Would you mind to contact me to exchange ideas about this ?

Thanks for your time,

Seb