cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process Chains for LIS

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do I do a process chain for something that uses an LIS datasource like 2lis_02_itm where I need to delete the contents of the setup table and then fill the tables? Is there a way to do this?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

it is not possible because process chains belongs to BW.But LIS datasources in R/3.

Former Member
0 Kudos

it is not possible to create aprocees chain for deleting & filling setuptable ,this deleting & filling setuptable process can be done in R3 only,

aravindanpagadala

Edited by: Aravindan Pagadala on Dec 19, 2007 8:02 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you could possibly find a way to do this, but I would be curious to ask why?

First of all, deleting and filling the setup tables is usually a process done when preparing to initialize a dataprovider(s) in BW. This process is done on the Source System (R/3) and usually requires a "quiet" time on the R/3 system in order to capture all the data in the setup tables. For this reason, it is not something that should be scheduled periodically.

Also, the programs to delete and fill the setup tables require some manual input (parameters for running the job would vary; eg. the program to fill the setup tables require date/time of termination), so in order to schedule these activities, you would need to setup variants for these programs in R/3.

Process chains are usually created in BW in order to coordinate various processes and schedule them to execute periodically. To try and create a process chain in BW to schedule the deleting and filling of setup tables in R/3 poses quite a challenge and would require some ABAP programming. Are you prepared for this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it is not possible to create process chains for deleting the set up tables..because PC is used in BW side to automate the dataload.

Regards,

B