Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process chain with direct scheduling and as meta chain!!??? HELP

former_member189599
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi!

i have a process chain that start with a direct scheduling. but at the same time, it is scheluded as metachain.

We see it runs every day.

is this ok??

o should we change the settings?

thanks!!

LUCAS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189638
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If a process chain is made to run as meta chain then it will only run when it is triggered by some other process chain.

It can never run as direct scheduled. Only if in the start variant it is changed from Metachain to Immediate, it will run as immediate.

If you want the process chain to run as a meta chain then make the start variant as Metachain and just activate the chain. Don't schedule it.

Edited by: Rakesh Pattani on Jul 28, 2010 1:42 AM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi!

> i have a process chain that start with a direct scheduling. but at the same time, it is scheluded as metachain.

> We see it runs every day.

> is this ok??

> o should we change the settings?

> thanks!!

>

>

> LUCAS

If this local PC is already included in Metachain then you would need to change the local pc - start variant - direct scheduling to Start using meta chain and Schedule Metachain or schedule local PC - start variant - put date 31.12.9999 it will avoid multiple runs

otherwise

It will trigger from Metachain and from direct scheduling as well .. it will run two times (assume you have schedule local pc periodically)

Edited by: Srinivas on Jul 27, 2010 10:12 PM

former_member189599
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks to both for yours answers.

the variant scheduled as direct processing has inmediate option, so it doesn't run. unless ran manually by an user. so it doesn't duplcate the data, but to be tidy, i think we sholud changed to meta chain.

do you agree?

former_member189638
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, if you want the process chain to run as a meta chain then make the start variant as Metachain and just activate the chain. Don't schedule it.