Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process Chain Maintenance...

former_member189979
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I've designed a "Process Chain" few months ago and its executing perfectly as it has been scheduled for daily execution @ 6:30: 00 a.m. Now, I have a need to modify it with the addition of two DTPs, one loads the delta data from DataSource to a new DSO and other loads the delta data from New DSO to a new InfoCube. I do not want to create new Process Chain for uploading to new DSO and InfoCube. I would like to use this existing "Process Chain". See below screen shot:

1. What is the above "Unknown Job" all about, when I click the check icon it disappear, but again it comes back? How to get rid of it?

2. How am I add new Delta DTP by "Mouse Right Click" and then use Connect to property and select the new Delta DTP?

3. After the addition of two Delta DTPs, do I need to only activate this Process Chain and no need to "schedule" it again?

4. What are the precautions to be taken care of while modifying an existing "Process Chain"?

I will appreciate your reply a lot.

Many Thanks!

Tariq Ashraf

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

abhishek_shanbhogue2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tariq

1. What is the above "Unknown Job" all about, when I click the check icon it disappear, but again it comes back? How to get rid of it?

Dont remove the link from one step to another unless you have connected your new objects. This issue appears when the object dependency is not found. Righ click on unknwon Job> scheduled jobs and delete it

2. How am I add new Delta DTP by "Mouse Right Click" and then use Connect to property and select the new Delta DTP?

Add your new DTPs from the process types and then link to the appropriate steps in the process chain

3. After the addition of two Delta DTPs, do I need to only activate this Process Chain and no need to

"schedule" it again?

You will need to save and activate the process chain again. After activation right click on start variant>Scheduled job>check if there is a release jobs as per your requirement

Thanks

Abhishek Shanbhogue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tariq,

1. Are you getting this when you are in display mode? Have you tried manually remove this?

2. The new flow what you mentioned (Datsource ->DSo -> Cube) has any dependency on existing load or vice versa? you can add DTPs by selecting from processes and searching with tech. name.

3. No, PC need not to be scheduled again. Just activate and collect it in a transport (do not forget to collect activation variant and delete/create index variant for DSO n Cube)

i)You need to know where exactly you can put your IP/DTPs to load data...in terms of dependency you should be clear on that.

ii) Check the run time statistics... whether adding/modifying existing chain will result in increase in run time? or because of this any other chain is getting delayed which is of more Importance..in terms od data availability as meeting the SLAs.

I would recommend to search for documents on this and explore more.

Regards,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) Transport the new DSO and new Cube including the dependent objects from dev system to quality and then to production.

2) Then go to change mode of the existing process chain in dev system, add the the delta DTP to the new DSO as usually by selecting the process types

3) join the DTP according to your required position in the above chain by linking the  DTP process type. After this add the DSO activation step for new DSO.

4) Delete the indexes step for new cube

5) Add the DTP variant from new DSO to new cube

6) Add create indexes step for new cube

7)Now activate the process chain and then transport it to Production.

8)Again schedule the process chain to run at 6.30 am similar to how it was earlier in Production

Once your daily load is done, and before the next laod starts if you can move these transports successfully to production, no need to remove the process chain from Schedule, else it will run the old chain itself, but still once the Process chain is moved to Prod system, schedule it and then activtae it

( Removing from Schedule: RSPC-> Required Process Chain->Change mode-> Menu->Execution->Remove from Schedule)

If you want to change the chain directly in Production(though not recommended) follow the above steps by removing the chain from schedule. Once the changes are done, reschedule it and then activate it

Regards,

Banu