cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process Chain Error while loading Flat File

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to load a flat file to PSA using a Process Chain. This process chain is scheduled daily, but failed yesterday with the following error:

Error message from the source system

Diagnosis

An error occurred in the source system.

System Response

Caller 09 contains an error message.

Further analysis:

The error occurred in Extractor .

Refer to the error message.

Procedure

How you remove the error depends on the error message.

Note

If the source system is a Client Workstation, then it is possible that the file that you wanted to load was being edited at the time of the data request. Make sure that the file is in the specified directory, that it is not being processed at the moment, and restart the request.

The file is present on the application Server as well.

Thanks,

Agrima

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Take a look on the source system side through transaction code SM58 whether the tRFC has been sent across. If not, process manually. (check also in ST22,SM21)

Also, take a look at transaction BD87 in BW to see whether they are still any IDOC packets waiting to be processed.

OR

Check once again in AL11 file is placed properly or not.

Replicate your Datsource and activate your transformation once.Run the program RS_TRANSTRU_ACTIVATE_ALL for the source system.

Regards,

Anand Tej.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The issue has been resolved.

The file on the application server was in a different format.

Thanks.

Agrima

nvytla
Participant
0 Kudos

Make sure, file is closed at time of dataload and repeate chain.

Hope it Helps

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Yes it is.. but it is still giving the same error. i tried to manually load the data, and it was successful. But using process chain, its failing.

Thanks

Agrima

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you trying to load the file from your Local Directory or from your Application Server?

If you try to load your flat file from Local Directory through a Process Chain, it will fail as it will not be able to evaluate the path correctly.

So to load Flat File through Process Chain, please copy it to the Application Server and update the path in your DataSource/InfoPackage.

Regards

Anujit Ghosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anujit,

I am loading the file from the application server. This process chain runs successfully everyday, but only failed yesterday with no changes made.

Thanks,

Agrima

Former Member
0 Kudos

Agrima,

Request you to look at the following places for clue.

Monitor [Both Error Message/Details Tab]

ST22

SM21

Often, it might be a permission/connection issue. SM21 will suggest if such is the case.

Let me know what you find from these places.

Regards

Anujit Ghosh