cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process chain best practice - attribute change runs

Former Member
0 Kudos

When building attribute change runs into Process Chains I see that there are potentially two main options to consider:

1. One to One mapping. Incorporate a separate attribute change run object type after each InfoObject has been loaded.

2. Many to One mapping. Build the process chain so that one single attribute change run occurs after all the InfoObjects have been loaded.

I would be interested to see how other people have incorporated their attribute loading into Process Chains.

any info appreciated.

Mike

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

well we have several change runs, depending on the data we load, but each change run contains lots of infoobjects.

regards

Siggi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We run the attribute change run twice in our daily process chain, here's our order:

- Load all master data

- Attrib change run

- Load all tx data

- Run ABAP programs that generate master data

- Attrib change run

I doubt there will be much of a performance difference if you do the change run after each master data load, but it makes the process chain a lot easier to read.

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Any dependencies in your data load process would help to decide the position of the Change Run process. Like if you need A's master data as a look up in a transactional load, then its Change Run would be after A's load process. If it is just a master data load process chain, and no dependency then you might have a single Change Run at the end.

Hope this helps...

former_member200327
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

It also depends if you have Nav attributes and/or Hierarchy in your Aggregates. It usually becomes time consuming in that case and requires additional planning of parallel processes for Change Runs.

Please let us know if you have such a case.

Regards,

Gersh