cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with a Lifecycle Management (LCM) installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I try to install LCM SP3 to my server. I want to migrate the information from one BusinessObjects XI 3.1 Server to another one with the same configuration.

Should I install LCM on each one of my servers? Is an installation should be at the server side?

When I add a source server, it's ok (the same where I ve got a LCM installation). When I try to add a destination server, I can't, the system gives an error of connection to my seconde server FWM 01009.

Thanks beforehand,

Malika

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no need to install LCM on every server. Install LCM on only one server and use for that to migrate everything from one server to other server.

One cause of you are are getting error in the destination server may be ports are not opened from one server to other server.

You can login on the same server (where LCM installed) in source or destination for connect to CMS. check with network administrator specific LCM ports are open or not between sever to server communication.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

thank you for your answer.

I can't add a server to LCM, I see a message "<serveur>:6400 does not exist in the network" . But what network? It's in the network and the port 3690 is active. I've listen it with telnet!

So I install LCM on the server, but can't add this server in LCM application.

Regards,

Malika

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to telnet server name and port 6400 on the server where you installed LCM.because you are trying to add server with port 6400 in the LCM so that this port should be open between servers.

Thanks,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

thanks,

I've got one server Windows Server 2008 "En" and it'is ok with with the LCM.

Another server is Windows Server 2008 "French"....

It can be a problem of the language ??

Regards,

Malika

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure but your problem is related to firewall issue.

you can try to install LCM on same language server and then check you are able to add other server in the destination if not then it is a firewall issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

It works now!

A problem was a DNS, so I had to write IPs of business objects servers in 'C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts'.

Thank you for your answers!

Malika