cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems while customizing the logon screen of portal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

As per SAP Docuementation i done all the steps... Finally when i load the portal...its sayd Portal runtime error. iview or component is not available. What went wrong , really unable to find it out. We are using NW'04 EP6 SP13 AIX 5.2.

I just extracted the par file into NDS..i have changed only umLogonBotarea.txt and umLogonToparea.txt. and i just saved it...After that i just deployed into portal through NDS itself. I have not changed any jsp files.

Pl suggest me

regards

PRadeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you added sharing refernce for your application in the portalapp.xml file? If not do so and give it a try.

Regards

Rajeev.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev

Could you please explain me bit clear.

rgs

pradep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In the Portalapp.xml file click the application tab-Add- Add standard-Select sharing refernce(from drop down). then give com.sap.portal.runtime.logon in the next option. If this does not solve ur problem can u paste the log file.

Regards

Rajeev.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have u added the jar files to the project. jar files wont be imported while u import the par file. Extract the par file and add,

com.sap.portal.runtime.logon_api.jar

com.sap.portal.runtime.logon_core.jar

these two jars into lib and private/lib repectivily

Regards

gEorgE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi George

I could not able to find out the file com.sap.portal.runtime.logon_core.jar when i extracted the par file. i found one of the file is com.sap.portal.runtime.logon_api.jar

in that par file.

Could you please explain me with each everysteps to do in NDS...until deployment into portal. Pl spend some time to write this.

Regards

PRAdeep

Message was edited by: Pradeep Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

These two jars are to be there in the lonon par file. Try to get the par file again and open it. The steps are

1. Go to Sys admin>>Support>>Portal Runtime>> Browse Deployment>> WEB-INF>>pcd

2. Download the par file from the server and save it in the client system.

3. Import the par file into the NWDS.

4. Open the par file using winzip and extract the two jar files as i mentioned.

5. Add those jar files into the corresponding folders of the proejct in the NWDS.

6. Make the changes as u need.

7. Deploy the project into the server.

Regards

gEorgE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

Finally i got succed putting the text in the logon page...

but i was wondering that...text was added in the containeer.. but our requirment is that..we need to put a text in the Top of blank page and down in the page also..i mean above "Welcome" string and below SAP copyrights info..also. kindly suggest me how can i do that...i belive we cant achive this using by putting umlogonToparea.txt and umlogonBotarea. txt..

Kindly suggest me

rgds

pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

I think its possible by using umlogonToparea.txt and umlogonBotarea. txt. I havent worked on it. If it was a failure for u then.

I would suggest u to create two other .txt files and include those files above the umlogonToparea.txt and below umlogonBotarea. txt with ur requirements in the <b>umLogonPage.jsp</b>.

This JSP is a combination of umlogonToparea.txt and umlogonBotarea. txt file and having some code in between these two files.

So i think u can include ur files in the jsp file and see how it looks.

Regards

gEorgE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

The <td> containing the line <%=logonLocale.get("COPY_RIGHT")%> in umlogonBotarea.txt needs to be removed to get rid of the copyright message and the logo.

It should be working now

Cheers!!

Kiran

P.S:Reward points can be consisdered.

Answers (0)