cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems using "Hierarchical Filter Selection"-Web Item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to use a hierarchical filter selection web item in my web template. I have a query with a characteristic that has an active hierarchy as the dataprovider.

My problem is, that I am not able to select that characteristic in the properties field "Characteristic" of the hierarchical filter web item. If I enter the technical name of the relevant characteristic by hand and then execute the web template I get an exception.

We are on Support Package 08 and the frontend is patched to "Patch 8, hotfix 2" (that is 802).

Do I have to take some special prerequisites regarding the query definition into account? For example, is it relevant for the hierarchical web item to function where I place the characteristic in the query (rows, filter, free characteristics)?

Thanks to any answers in advance.

Regards,

Philipp

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Karol-K
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why you cannot select a characteristic? Do you get any error messages?

Please describe also the exception that you get.

Regards, Karol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karol,

> Why you cannot select a characteristic? Do you get

> any error messages?

That's exactly my question! Why is there no characteristic I can select when hitting the small button with the dot on in the "Characteristic" properties field?

Actually, when I hit that button, a window (titled with "Valuehelp Selector") opens and there is only one key-value pair listed: [%NM% - Nothing <Mandatory>]. I cannot see that characteristic, which is defined with an active hierarchy in the underlying query dataprovider.

Just for your interest: this valuehelp selector window also appears when I want to choose a characteristic for a dropdown box filter. There, I can choose from several ones, so with that web item it works.

Regarding your second question: no, I do not get any error messages.

> Please describe also the exception that you get.

As I said, the exception occurs, when I execute the web template with a manually entered characteristic property value (i. e. the technical name of the characteristic carrying the hierarchy).

Here is the output:

[code]Exception in BI runtime

Initial cause

No message was provided.

Stack trace:

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.sap.ip.bi.bics.dataaccess.consumer.impl.selector.hierarchy.Hierarchy.getNodesFromProviderNodes(Hierarchy.java:325)

at com.sap.ip.bi.bics.dataaccess.consumer.impl.selector.hierarchy.Hierarchy.getNodes(Hierarchy.java:118)

at com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.ui.items.hierfilter.HierarchyModel.getChildren(HierarchyModel.java:59)

at com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.ui.advancedcontrols.tree.impl.AcTreeView.loopOverChildren(AcTreeView.java:776)

at com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.ui.advancedcontrols.tree.impl.AcTreeView.recursiveSetupNodes(AcTreeView.java:760) at com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.ui.advancedcontrols.tree.impl.AcTreeView.validateChildren(AcTreeView.java:416)

at com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.ui.advancedcontrols.tree.impl.AcTreeView.buildUrTree(AcTreeView.java:379)

at com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.ui.framework.impl.CompositeBuildUrTreeTrigger.process(CompositeBuildUrTreeTrigger.java:29)

at com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.ui.framework.base.composites.UiRootContainer.iterateOverChildren(UiRootContainer.java:40)

at com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.ui.framework.impl.CompositeBuildUrTreeTrigger.process(CompositeBuildUrTreeTrigger.java:31)

at com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.ui.framework.impl.CompositeBuildUrTreeTrigger.start(CompositeBuildUrTreeTrigger.java:52)

at com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.ui.framework.base.ExtendedRenderManager.triggerComposites(ExtendedRenderManager.java:67)

at com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.ui.framework.impl.BICompositeManager.renderRoot(BICompositeManager.java:80)

at com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.ui.items.UiItemBase.doRender(UiItemBase.java:578)

at com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.ui.items.UiItem.render(UiItem.java:182)

at com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.runtime.rendering.impl.ItemNode.render(ItemNode.java:54)

at com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.runtime.rendering.impl.PageAssemblerRenderingRoot.processRendering(PageAssemblerRenderingRoot.java:24)

at com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.runtime.impl.Page.processRendering(Page.java:1494)

at com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.runtime.impl.Page.doProcessRequest(Page.java:1234)

at com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.runtime.impl.Page.processRequest(Page.java:1057)

at com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.runtime.controller.impl.Controller.doProcessRequest(Controller.java:694)

at com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.runtime.controller.impl.Controller.processRequest(Controller.java:666)

at com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.runtime.jsp.portal.services.BIRuntimeService.handleRequest(BIRuntimeService.java:318)

at com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.runtime.jsp.portal.components.LauncherComponent.doContent(LauncherComponent.java:21)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.component.AbstractPortalComponent.serviceDeprecated(AbstractPortalComponent.java:209) at com.sapportals.portal.prt.component.AbstractPortalComponent.service(AbstractPortalComponent.java:114)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.PortalRequestManager.callPortalComponent(PortalRequestManager.java:328)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.PortalRequestManager.dispatchRequest(PortalRequestManager.java:136)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.PortalRequestManager.dispatchRequest(PortalRequestManager.java:189)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.component.PortalComponentResponse.include(PortalComponentResponse.java:215)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.pom.PortalNode.service(PortalNode.java:646)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.PortalRequestManager.callPortalComponent(PortalRequestManager.java:328)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.PortalRequestManager.dispatchRequest(PortalRequestManager.java:136) at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.PortalRequestManager.dispatchRequest(PortalRequestManager.java:189)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.PortalRequestManager.runRequestCycle(PortalRequestManager.java:753)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.connection.ServletConnection.handleRequest(ServletConnection.java:240) at com.sapportals.portal.prt.dispatcher.Dispatcher$doService.run(Dispatcher.java:522)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at com.sapportals.portal.prt.dispatcher.Dispatcher.service(Dispatcher.java:405)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853) at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.servlet.InvokerServlet.service(InvokerServlet.java:156)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.HttpHandlerImpl.runServlet(HttpHandlerImpl.java:390)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.HttpHandlerImpl.handleRequest(HttpHandlerImpl.java:264)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.startServlet(RequestAnalizer.java:347)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.startServlet(RequestAnalizer.java:325)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.invokeWebContainer(RequestAnalizer.java:887)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.handle(RequestAnalizer.java:241) at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.Client.handle(Client.java:92)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.Processor.request(Processor.java:148)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.context.cluster.session.ApplicationSessionMessageListener.process(ApplicationSessionMessageListener.java:33)

at com.sap.engine.core.cluster.impl6.session.MessageRunner.run(MessageRunner.java:41)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.ActionObject.run(ActionObject.java:37)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:100)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:170)[/code]

Regards,

Philipp

Karol-K
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank you for answering in detail. This helped me to understand the problem.

Indeed, this are errors which must be processed by Customer Message. Please open two messages for it:

1- Value help in Hierarchical Filter Item

2- Exception in the runtime

Regards, Karol

BI Development

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for your fast response. By the way, are you a SAP employee working in the NW2004s BI area? I ask because you sign your posts with your name and the phrase "BI Development"

Regards,

Philipp

Karol-K
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes. I am SAP employee and I am working in BI Development.

Regards, Karol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Karol,

Just a couple of days back you suggested us to apply note 1022703 thourgh customer message (Issue with BI applications not working on Firefox browser).

We applied the note and patch 16 for BI Java. Almost all the things work fine except now when we try to select a value for a varaible in Portal, we get 500 internal server error. The error happens only for two infoobjects, similarity being both have hierachies in them (0FUND_CTR and 0CMMT_ITEM).

Please suggest any other note if neccasry. We are on SPS9. I have also updated the customer message.

Thanks

Kiran Mehendale.

Root Cause

The initial exception that caused the request to fail, was:

Invalid program status: Invalid info object type for a node of type 0HIER_NODE: com.sap.ip.bi.bics.dataaccess.consumer.impl.selector.hierarchy.NodeType

com.sap.ip.bi.bics.exceptions.BicsProgrammErrorException: Invalid program status: Invalid info object type for a node of type 0HIER_NODE: com.sap.ip.bi.bics.dataaccess.consumer.impl.selector.hierarchy.NodeType

at com.sap.ip.bi.bics.dataaccess.consumer.impl.selector.InfoObject.createMemberAllTypes(InfoObject.java:590)

at com.sap.ip.bi.bics.dataaccess.consumer.impl.selector.InfoObject.getMember(InfoObject.java:439)

at com.sap.ip.bi.bics.dataaccess.consumer.impl.selector.hierarchy.Hierarchy.getNodesFromProviderNodes(Hierarchy.java:364)

at com.sap.ip.bi.bics.dataaccess.consumer.impl.selector.hierarchy.Hierarchy.getRootNodes(Hierarchy.java:128)

at com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.ui.dialogs.selector.tools.HierarchyDocTree.getChildren(HierarchyDocTree.java:72)

[...]

Details: Full Exception Chain

com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.runtime.controller.MessageException: Error in rendering root for dialog "SELECTOR"

at com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.runtime.impl.Page.processRequest(Page.java:2055)

at com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.runtime.controller.impl.Controller.doProcessRequest(Controller.java:841)

at com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.runtime.controller.impl.Controller.processRequest(Controller.java:775)

at com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.runtime.jsp.portal.services.BIRuntimeService.handleRequest(BIRuntimeService.java:403)

at com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.runtime.jsp.portal.components.LauncherComponent.doContent(LauncherComponent.java:21)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.component.AbstractPortalComponent.serviceDeprecated(AbstractPortalComponent.java:209)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.component.AbstractPortalComponent.service(AbstractPortalComponent.java:114)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.PortalRequestManager.dispatchRequest(PortalRequestManager.java:136)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.PortalRequestManager.dispatchRequest(PortalRequestManager.java:189)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.component.PortalComponentResponse.include(PortalComponentResponse.java:215)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.pom.PortalNode.service(PortalNode.java:646)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.PortalRequestManager.runRequestCycle(PortalRequestManager.java:753)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.connection.ServletConnection.handleRequest(ServletConnection.java:240)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.dispatcher.Dispatcher$doService.run(Dispatcher.java:522)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.dispatcher.Dispatcher.service(Dispatcher.java:405)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.servlet.InvokerServlet.service(InvokerServlet.java:156)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.HttpHandlerImpl.runServlet(HttpHandlerImpl.java:390)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.HttpHandlerImpl.handleRequest(HttpHandlerImpl.java:264)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.startServlet(RequestAnalizer.java:347)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.startServlet(RequestAnalizer.java:325)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.invokeWebContainer(RequestAnalizer.java:887)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.handle(RequestAnalizer.java:241)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.Client.handle(Client.java:92)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.Processor.request(Processor.java:148)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.context.cluster.session.ApplicationSessionMessageListener.process(ApplicationSessionMessageListener.java:33)

at com.sap.engine.core.cluster.impl6.session.MessageRunner.run(MessageRunner.java:41)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.ActionObject.run(ActionObject.java:37)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:100)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:170)

Caused by: com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.runtime.DialogException: Error in rendering root for dialog "SELECTOR"

at com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.ui.dialogs.framework.UiDialog.render(UiDialog.java:289)

at com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.ui.dialogs.framework.rendering.DialogRenderingRootNode.processRendering(DialogRenderingRootNode.java:48)

at com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.runtime.impl.Page.processRenderingRootNode(Page.java:2810)

at com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.runtime.impl.Page.processRendering(Page.java:2553)

at com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.runtime.impl.Page.doProcessRequest(Page.java:2496)

at com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.runtime.impl.Page.processRequest(Page.java:1977)

... 36 more

Caused by: com.sap.ip.bi.bics.exceptions.BicsProgrammErrorException: Invalid program status: Invalid info object type for a node of type 0HIER_NODE: com.sap.ip.bi.bics.dataaccess.consumer.impl.selector.hierarchy.NodeType

at com.sap.ip.bi.bics.dataaccess.consumer.impl.selector.InfoObject.createMemberAllTypes(InfoObject.java:590)

at com.sap.ip.bi.bics.dataaccess.consumer.impl.selector.InfoObject.getMember(InfoObject.java:439)

at com.sap.ip.bi.bics.dataaccess.consumer.impl.selector.hierarchy.Hierarchy.getNodesFromProviderNodes(Hierarchy.java:364)

at com.sap.ip.bi.bics.dataaccess.consumer.impl.selector.hierarchy.Hierarchy.getRootNodes(Hierarchy.java:128)

at com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.ui.dialogs.selector.tools.HierarchyDocTree.getChildren(HierarchyDocTree.java:72)

at com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.ui.advancedcontrols.tree.impl.ProxyNode.getChildren(ProxyNode.java:109)

at com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.ui.advancedcontrols.tree.impl.AcTreeView.recursiveCreateNodes(AcTreeView.java:327)

at com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.ui.advancedcontrols.tree.impl.AcTreeView.processValidation(AcTreeView.java:152)

at com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.ui.advancedcontrols.generic.impl.AcGeneric.buildUrTree(AcGeneric.java:204)

at com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.ui.framework.impl.CompositeBuildUrTreeTrigger.process(CompositeBuildUrTreeTrigger.java:34)

at com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.ui.unifiedrendering.controls.Group.iterateOverChildren(Group.java:63)

at com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.ui.framework.impl.CompositeBuildUrTreeTrigger.process(CompositeBuildUrTreeTrigger.java:37)

at com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.ui.unifiedrendering.controls.MatrixLayoutCell.iterateOverChildren(MatrixLayoutCell.java:63)

at com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.ui.framework.impl.CompositeBuildUrTreeTrigger.process(CompositeBuildUrTreeTrigger.java:37)

at com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.ui.unifiedrendering.controls.MatrixLayoutRow.iterateOverChildren(MatrixLayoutRow.java:55)

at com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.ui.unifiedrendering.controls.MatrixLayout.iterateOverChildren(MatrixLayout.java:68)

at com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.ui.dialogs.selector.control.legacy.AcSelector.iterateOverChildren(AcSelector.java:138)

at com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.ui.unifiedrendering.controls.MatrixLayoutCell.iterateOverChildren(MatrixLayoutCell.java:63)

at com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.ui.unifiedrendering.controls.MatrixLayoutRow.iterateOverChildren(MatrixLayoutRow.java:55)

at com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.ui.unifiedrendering.controls.MatrixLayout.iterateOverChildren(MatrixLayout.java:68)

at com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.ui.unifiedrendering.controls.Group.iterateOverChildren(Group.java:63)

at com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.ui.dialogs.framework.AcDialog.iterateOverChildren(AcDialog.java:77)

at com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.ui.framework.impl.CompositeBuildUrTreeTrigger.start(CompositeBuildUrTreeTrigger.java:60)

at com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.ui.framework.base.ExtendedRenderManager.triggerComposites(ExtendedRenderManager.java:69)

at com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.ui.framework.impl.BICompositeManager.renderRoot(BICompositeManager.java:86)

at com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.ui.dialogs.framework.UiDialog.render(UiDialog.java:285)

... 41 more