cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems Updating Crystal Reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have installed Crystal Reports 11 onto my computer and I am trying to upgrade it to the newest release.

So far I have been able to upgrade from Product Version 11.0.0.1282 to Product Version 11.0.0.2495 but I can't seem to upgrade it any further.

I have downloaded several of the builds from the download page. They either don't fully install or completely crash/lockup Windows Explorer.

I'm running Windows XP, Service Pack 3.

Can anyone give me some tips on what I need to download and how to upgrade to Release 2?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have Crystal Reports Pro IX (no release #) ver. 11.0.0.1994. My program is set to look for updates but it says there are not any. Are there any updates or service packs??

Former Member
0 Kudos

I worked with the developers of the calibration software I'm using and we came up with a fix. The odd thing is that the the create bookmarks options works on half of the computers in my company without the fix. I don't know why that would be.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

In case you require below is the link by which you can download these software

https://websmp105.sap-ag.de/bosap-supportsw

Open the above link. (S-User ID required)

The software download page will open.

Select the u2018Software Productu2019 as Crystal Reports from the dropdown list.

Select u2018Product Versionu2019 as XI Release 2

Select u2018Software Typeu2019 as Service Pack.

And click on Search button. It will populate a list of available software.

You can download the Crystal Reports XI Release 2- SP 4 full build version (second link in the list)

This is a full build and not the incremental patch only so you need not to have a base version installed.

Latest service pack for Crystal Reports XI Release 2 is SP5. after installing the sp4 download the sp5 and install it.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Aditya Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response but I do not have a service agreement with SAP so I do not have a S-user ID.

I have gone to the regular download page and have downloaded "crxir2_sp4_full_build.exe". I can run this program but when it gets to the end of the installation I get an error message stating that it can not find "CrystalReports.msi".

It is trying to find this file in a temporary directory. I have tried pointing it to the CD to find this file but again it can not locate this file. I have copied the CDs to my hard drive and then tried pointing it to look there and again the same thing happens.

In the end I'm left with a useless install of Crystal Reports on my machine. Evey time I try and launch Crystal Reports it starts looking for the file "CrystalReports.msi". In the end I have to completely uninstall Crystal Reports from my machine and start again from scratch. Am I doing something wrong during the install to create this problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

If the installation is a compressed file it will extract all the files to a temp folder.

In the extracted files the CrystalReports.msi file should be present in the win32 folder under Crystal Reports folder. Its size is about 8932 kb.

If it is not present that means the installation package is not complete or corrupt.

Please let me know the source of installation.

In case you want to contact Customer Interaction Centre(CIC) of SAP (BO) follow the below link.

https://websmp109.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/011000358700000547712008/.

Regards,

Aditya Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was able to get the upgrade to 11.5 to work. What I had to do was to select a custom install and then tell the software not to check for updates. After I did this it worked fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am now encountering a different problem. I upgraded to Crystal Reports Release 2 so I could get the "create bookmarks from group tree" option to work when exporting. It works fine on my machine but when I send this report to others in my company to use they do not have this option. They also do not have Crystal Reports installed on their machines.

What is going on is, we use a calibration software that uses Crystal Reports as its reporting engine. I develop the reports here in our main office and then when I have a new update I send it to our technicians in the field. Then they run the calibration software and through that it access the reports I have developed.

I figured that since I have upgraded to Release 2 and have the "create bookmarks from group tree" option selected that they would also be able to select this option when they export. Is there anyway to turn this option on in a machine that does not have Crystal Reports installed? Is there anyway around this problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you check with the makers of the calibration software to see if their product will work with a newer version (11.5 is XI-R2) of Crystal Reports?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did check with the manufacturer of the calibration software and we were able to develop a fix for this issue. Thank you for your response.