cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems appending to a Generic Extractor

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a Generic Extractor which is built on a customer defined table. I have tried to append a ZZ field to the Extract structure but the Append button is greyed out.

I therefore directly added the ZZ field into the structure and wrote the logic in the user exit to populate.

When I go to RSA6 the field is not visible. Why is this and how can I resolve? Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Niten,

take a look

hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for that I have gone through the thread and have checked in ROOSFIELD. The field is not visible. The routine suggested is I think if the field is visible. Is there a solution in such a case

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi-

Are you looking at Append or Append "Append"? One level append you can add to that, I'm thinking your structure alredy got an appened structure. If this is the case use the existing App. Strct.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Chandra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi dear,

when you say "the field is not visible" do you want to mean that your ZZ field is not in ROOSFIELD table ???

Are you sure that you can see your field in threlated extract structure in SE11 ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thanks for that the ZZ field is not visible in ROOSFIELD and I can see in the Extract Structure for the Generic Extractor.

There are no other Appends in the Structure which only consists of 10 fields currently. The RHS Append Structure button is the one which is grey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi-

How did you append that? CMOD or FM?

Thanks,

Chandra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for that the steps that I have taken are as follows:

1) RSO2 create a Generic Extractor based on a table

2) From SE11 added a ZZ field to the Extract Structure of the Generic Extractor, was not able to create an Append Structure since the button was greyed out

3) From SE38 created an Include file in ZXRSAU01 (this was created using CMOD)

4) RSA6 to try and unhide the field and it is not visible

5) Checked ROOSFIELD and not visible

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi-

Is it possible to delete DS? If so....do that first!

goto RSO2 Create it again

RSA6/Select DS/Enhance Extraction Structure/Add fields/Activate

CMOD/Program/Include....

Then come back to RSA6, try it

I hope this can be out the issue!

Thanks,

Chandra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That did the trick. Thanks alot

Answers (0)