cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Variable creation in webirich

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

when i create a variable in webi report, to that corresponding variable there is an extra blank row is always adding in the column,this problem i solved by applying report filters, but why i am always getting a blank row???? And when i apply a Section its become a critical problem again,

here i copied screen shots,

please help me out....

Thanks....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prathyusha,

Variable with where clause as in your case behaves the same way in rich client as well as through launchpad.

If you want to avoid this blank to be eliminated from the blank, apply filter on block as variable not equal to blank (variable<>Blank value)

Other alternate is to define it as below to classify all the data not meeting condition as "Other" using if clause instead of where.

=If([DAO NAME] InList("Infrastructure Event";"Infrastructure Restoration");[DAO NAME];"Other")

Thanks

Mallik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi thanks for replay,

its no working, still it is showing the blank cell in the column list.

And with above "if" condition what you given, i will get my original LOV's + "other", but its not my requirement.

Not only where clause for "between" function also it is showing same error.

why i am getting a blank cell???!!!, is that tool version or patch problem, i am using BO 4.0 sp4.

please help me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you try filtering out the blank from block using block filters, that will solve the problem if you dont want to shows blanks on the blank.

[Object]<>"Blank" on block level in filters pane.

Thanks

Mallik

Former Member
0 Kudos

yaa i did filtering its working ,but when i do sections the is back again...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Apply a filter on Blanks at Report level by clicking on blank are of the report and not on block level to avoid blanks at any level of the report.

Thanks

Mallik

former_member188911
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't understand exactly how the data are pulled, however there is no such things as filters on blanks.

You should use something like   ([Object] <> "") Or Not (IsNull([Object]))

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prathyusha,

What is the service pack and version of BO server and client tools?

Thanks

Mallik