cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with user authorization for the back end system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We have configured a back end SAP BW system with the Enterprise Portal for publishing BW generated reports. The users of the portal are mapped using a BW system user. But when we run these reports from the portal it still asks for a User ID and password for the BW system in a "pop up". The web browser is Internet Explorer. I'd be grateful if somebody can tell us how to solve this issue. Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Sumit

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

You have to loggin to portal using the Fully qualified domain name. In the system object WAS property also you have to specify the Fully qualified domain name. This will solve your problem

Regards

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun

Thanks for your response. The URL for portal is http://portal.xyz.co.in:50200/irj/portal and the web AS host name for the backend system is xyzbw.xyz.co.in:8000

Do you mean to say I need to change these? Can you send me some resources using which I can do the same? Thanks again.

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

Which logon method u used for user mapping between portal and BW,

If u use SSO for saplogonticket make sure the portal userid must be present in BW means BW user have same name as portal user have.

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

I think the url is fine.

In the system object check the user admin and user mapping property.

Select SAPLOGONTICKET if the Bw user and EP user are the same.

Else you have to do the user mapping.

Go to user administration --> user mapping.

Select the user and system alias and enter the user name and password.

Regards

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun

We have created one user in BW and we're using this user to Map all the portal users to BW. The user mapping is already done. Though I'm not sure about SAPLOGONTICKET. Could you please tell me how to configure it?

Thanks and Regards,

Sumit

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

To change the Auth method to SAPLOGONTICKET, go to System Administration -> System Configuration -> System Landscape -> Search & Choose system -> Change logon Method to SAPLOGONTICKET.

Hope this help!

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

Go to system administration --> system configuration --> system landscape.

Expand the portal_content and go to the system object you created.

Right click the system and choose edit. In the drop down box select user admin and select SAPLOGON Ticket.

Regards

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks for your inputs. We're mapping many portal users to BW using only one BW user. Will SAPLOGON Ticket work in this case?

Thanks and Regards,

Sumit

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

As long as the source points to that user, i can't see any problem.

Regards

Juan!

PS. Please reward with points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

If the user id of BW and EP are different then you have to select UIDPW method. If the ids are same then go for SAPLOGONMETHOD.

Regards

Arun

Please reward points if useful

JPReyes
Active Contributor