cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with transporting Infosource and commn. struct.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a Transport request failing when imported from Prod to QA. The reason is this request contains activation of InfoSource and Communication Structure 2LIS_03_UM. This InfoSource and Commn Struct. Were activated and subsequently deleted as it was no longer required. Therefore activation and deletion are stored in the same request. Request first writes and deletes InfoSource 2LIS_03_UM and subsequently deletes it. When it comes to activation of Commn Struct 2LIS_03_UM,. It looks for InfoSource 2LIS_03_UM, which it doesn’t found as its deleted. Hence request fails with error ‘2LIS_03_UM is not found’. We have a rule here that no request with error code 8 can sit in QA. One has to send a repair and reimport the failed request and it has to be successfully loaded. Its not possible as InfoSource is deleted in the same request and deleted subsequently by the same request.

Is there any way we can reverse this request or successfully import. Or is there any way we can delete the task from released request.

Please advise as I am stuck with it and cant move ahead.

Your help would be highly appreciated and of course I wont forget to generously award the points.

Thanks

PB

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry I am correcting my message. there is a mistake in first line itself.

Hi All,

I have a Transport request failing when imported from Dev to QA. The reason is this request contains activation of InfoSource and Communication Structure 2LIS_03_UM. This InfoSource and Commn Struct. Were activated and subsequently deleted as it was no longer required. Therefore activation and deletion are stored in the same request. Request first writes and deletes InfoSource 2LIS_03_UM and subsequently deletes it. When it comes to activation of Commn Struct 2LIS_03_UM,. It looks for InfoSource 2LIS_03_UM, which it doesn’t found as its deleted. Hence request fails with error ‘2LIS_03_UM is not found’. We have a rule here that no request with error code 8 can sit in QA. One has to send a repair and reimport the failed request and it has to be successfully loaded. Its not possible as InfoSource is deleted in the same request and deleted subsequently by the same request.

Is there any way we can reverse this request or successfully import. Or is there any way we can delete the task from released request.

Please advise as I am stuck with it and cant move ahead.

Your help would be highly appreciated and of course I wont forget to generously award the points.

Thanks

PB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PB,

I was about to question your transport, PROD to QA? Until you post your correction.

Anyway, since the <b>END</b> product of this exercise is to remove existence of <b>2LIS_03_UM</b> from QA which does not exist since you've deleted it from DEV before it reached QA. The simple answer is dont transport that transport request. Thats it.

But now, since you have a rule that no transport request should fail, I guess we have to trick the system then. Create a new transport request for <b>2LIS_03_UM</b> activation in <b>DEV</b>. Transport it to QA. Now since the data source is now active in QA (I assumed the transport went fine), you can now re-transport your failed request. It should work then...

Hope I have helped. If did, please grant points...

--Jkyle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jkyle,

This wont work and I ahve tried it first and then only analysed the problem. The problem is even if you send activation first and try to reimport the failed request, The request contains deletion of InfoSource. So the the request first deetes the InfoSource and then try activating Commn. Struct. and It fails. I hope u r getting me.

The problem is deletion of InfoSource and activation of communication struct. is in same request. Hence it will fail anyhow.

Unless u actually go to the table for request E071 and delete the tasks manually.

I was thinking on this line as well, but thought its too dangerous.

Thanks for trying an option though.

PB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi P B

Iam not very sure, but at this point i think your left with creating a totaly new Infosource in DEV and then transporting the new info source and communications structure to QA and PRD system.

Because at present your info source is deleted ur GUID No. will not be same in DEV and QA system to transport he changes.

I hope it will help...

Regards,

Rohini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rohini

Thanks for trying to help me. The option of craeting a new Transport request is always there. Thats solves all the problem but one. That is we cant keep transports with return Code 8 ( request returned error) in QA. We need to repair them and put it in Prod.

I am not clear about GUID No. u r talking . Can u pls elaborate on it.

BTW has anyone tried deleting definitions directly using debugger from table E071.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PB,

What I was trying to emphasize is for you to create a transport request containing objects that the failed transport request is actually searching.

If the failed transport request contains deletion of Infosource (w/c does not exist) in QA, it will definitely fail. Now to create a workaround, create a new transport request that will activate this missing Infosource.

Now, thats the time you can retransport the failed transport request. It should be successful now since the missing Infosource is now present in QA (w/c the result of the work around transport request)

--Jkyle.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jkyle

You are missing a point here.

The point is even if I send InfoSource the request is serching i.e. I will create InfoSource 2LIS_03_UM and transport it to QA. When I try reimporting the failed request it will delete this InfoSource as deletion for this InfoSource is there in request.

Then it will try and activate Commn. Struct. one by one, at this time it wont find InfoSource 2LIS_03_UM its looking for hence the request will still fail.

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PB,

Ok, now its much clearer.

If thats the case, we dont have any option but to refrain from transporting that request. Explain to SAP Head why this transport cannot be executed. This is a sample of a <i>Chicken or the Egg</i> thing.

As far as I know, released Transports can no longer be modified to remove certain steps...

Have the BASIS guys delete/archive this Transport Request so that it wont show up anymore.

--Jkyle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another idea:

Create the objects again with a new transport request. Inport this into QA and import the other one afterwards. Then delete the Infosource in Test and DO NOT TRANSPORT this one.

But the best thing would be to tell QA that their rules are ok in R/3 but not in BW.

Best regards

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi P B

Is your problem resolved?

Because eve my Transport Request has ended up with status RC-8 in QA. And now i got to move the changes to PRD system. So i would like to know if this same TR can be moved to PRD? or i will hve to create new TR#.

REgards,

Rohini