problem with time stamp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I got mistake in ODS manage like this:

The time stamp in the source system is 24.09.2007

The time stamp in the BW is 23.05.2009.

I have problem to load data in ODS.

What should I do ?? Replicate the data source ? But then it's possible to get double data. What to do ??

THX

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I replicated data source, source system and loaded data one more time and I have got the same mistake.

this:

Error message from the source system

Diagnosis

An error occurred in the source system.

System response

An error occurred in Service API .

Check the error message.

Procedure

The procedure for removing errors takes place depending on

the error message:

Note

If the source system is a Client Workstation, then it is possible that the file that was to be loaded was being edited at the time of the data request. Make sure that the file is in the specified directory and is not being edited, and restart the request.

AND ALSO mistake WITH TIME STAMP

former_member200211
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

Are you trying to load data through flat file to the DSO. If yes, close the file and dont edit while loading the data and give the correct path ie where the flat file is located.

Try to schedule infopackage or the DTP again to load data.

Thanks

Lavanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to transport your data source at R/3 side and then replicate to BW.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As charan suggested, please check in quality whether any transports to be done to R/3 system for that data source.

As per your scenario, its clear that the transports to BI are moved, still r/3 transports are not moved to production.

So you have to identify the transport request for that data source in Dev/Quality and ask your basis guys to move to Production.It will solve your problem.

After that you have to replicate the data source and try to load the data.

Hope it helps...

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ania,

I assume this issue is occuring in your production system.

The time stamp in the source system is 24.09.2007

The time stamp in the BW is 23.05.2009.

The time stamp in BW is the latest of the two, this means there is some change in your R/3 system which has NOT moved to your R/3 production. So, you need to move this change to your R/3 production system first. And then in your BW production system , replicate the datasource (this will not bring double data, but only imports the current structure of the datasource in R/3 to BW). After this, import the transfer rules for the info-source built over this data source to BW production system.

Hope this helps you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems your data source at BW side transported, but not the R/3 one, what you can do is, you need to transport the same data source at R/3 side and replicate to BW side and activate the transfer structure and check the time stamp in ROOSOURCE table for this data source at R/3 and BW side, both should match. after that you can start your data loads.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can only extract data from R3 to BI when the time stamp of the R3 data source matches with the time stamp of BI. If the data source is changed in R3 then the time stamp will be different, you will have to replicate the data source again so that the time stamp matches between R3 and BI.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Sadeesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If your source system is R/3 with BW 3.5 version do the following

Go to infosource--> right click on datasource (drop the infosourcetransferrules-)-->replicate datasource.

when done go to SE38 use the following program to activate the t/r's RS_TRANSTRU_ACTIVATE_ALL

give the source system name (technical) and infosource of relevant datasource.

hope this helps

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

First delete the data from the target and then go to RSA1->source system->right click the source system -> select transfer global settings - > select transfer global table contents and mode = Update tables. and execute.

It will replicate the source system settings to the BI system.

then replicate the data saurce and load the data again.

Hope this solves your proble...