cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with text variable!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

text variable - instead of displaying the text displays the text variable name, any ideas on how to solve this?

thanks,

Sabrina.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey sabarina,

Create a Text variable ..Processingtype Customerexit instead of replacement path...And in CMOD write the code which get sy-datum and caluculate yeasterday date..

It will solve your problem...

If it helps,,Don't forget to assign points..

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sabrina,

Check how the text variable is created..shoud be replacement path. Also check too see that there is text for the char values whose text is to appear.

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhanu, can you please elaborate on your answer

Also check too see that there is text for the char values whose text is to appear.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sabrina,

You should see that your Text variable will get the unique value by using the Replacement path characteristic(by restricting the query using variable) in your query.

Hope this helps .

Sudh

When the system is replacing text variables, if it finds no values or multiple values for the reference characteristic and is thus unable to determine a unique value, the technical name is output as the result: &<technical name of the text variable>&

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sudh, I know what you are saying but I am trying to understand how can I display a date like "7/18/2005" as an output of a text variable. I mean how can I define the text variable to output the date 7/18/2005 (in that specific format)

please let me know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If your you have a calender date variable in your report ,enter that date whatever you want .

If you use that reference characteristic Text variable disply as KEY.It will disply the date format.

Hope this helps,

Sudh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudh,

how about if I want always to display yesterdays date?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have the date displayed as 20050715, can anyone tell me how I can format it to 07/15/2005

thanks

Sabrina.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sabrina,

I think you can disply using Customer Exit for this.

get the yesterday from current day and the format.

Check this out,

Sudh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check your Text variable is defined correctly or not.

I think if text variable don't get any values ,it will disply as it is.

Sudh

Former Member
0 Kudos

The text variable is processed by Replacement path, can you tell me how this works?

Actually the output of the text variable should be yesterdays date.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sabrina,

Eg : Text variable for Fiscal year period.

then ,what ever you entered in fiscal year variable text variable will disply that value (From value or To value)

You have to specify the report to specified period ,then only Text variable will disply appropriate values.

Hope this helps.

Sudh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sabrina,

Text variables represent a text and can be used in descriptions of queries, calculated key figures and structural components.

When the system is replacing text variables, if it finds no values or multiple values for the reference characteristic and is thus unable to determine a unique value, the technical name is output as the result: &<technical name of the text variable>&

Hope this helps,

Sduh