cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Roles in EP6 SP15

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I installed EP6 SP15 based portal.i created a user called "prasad" .then i assigned standard "Content_admin_role" (this comes with installation) role to user "prasad".when i lonon to portal "prasad" ,when i goto ContentAdministration>portalContent ,nothing is there.i expected some standard portal content should be there?but when i assign the same user with "system_admin_role" then when i goto Contentadministration>portal content,then i could able to see the standard portal content there.what could be the problem there?can anybody helps me in this regard

Prasad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

thecodester
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

The portal comes out of the box with minimal permissions, meaning any new user has basically no permission to any of the content in the Portal Catalog.

In addition to assigning to the user the content admin role, you must also assign the user (or the role/group for content admins) permissions to the Portal Content folder.

Sign on as super admin and assign permissions in the permission editor for the portal content folder.

The super admin has permission to do just about anything.

Hope this helps.

Daniel

P.S.: Please assign points if this helps.

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

thanks Denial.it is working fine.i wonder without doing anything for perticular user,it is working fine ,for other's not.so i went and changed in permissions editior.to it is working fine.thanks for your help.

thanks salam trying to help me out

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

It could be one of the following:

1) Objects in the PCD have restricted access on them. Log in as super admin and try adding access to the PCD objects to all Content Admins

2)Content Admin access has not taken effect yet or the PCD/Browser Cache hasn't cleared, although I can't think of why it would display to the Super Admin and not to the Content Admin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Salam

thanks for your response. by default if i add a ContentAdmin role it should automatically display the content for that user?

Prasad