Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SAP Community Downtime Scheduled for This Weekend

problem with par files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have imported sap.portal.navigation.masthead.par.bak file from support and chnaged it to .par file.Then changed the header.jsp file and name of the file.

i would like to upload the file again into portal, how can i upload the file in to portal.

it is not possible from transport -> import, here we can only upload .epa.

i have uploded par file from support-> admin console in to PCD, it was uploaded succesfully.After that i tried to create new from par -> iview, here i can't see my par.

How can i create .epa from .par??

Do anyone has the document.

Thanks,

Damodhra.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Geogi,

Thanks for the solution, now i can see the .par file.I am getting error after building the iview, what all the parameters we have to change after downloading the par.bak file apart from the .jsp file.i have chnaged the .jsp file.

If you know anything related document , it will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Damodhar.

former_member200748
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Damodhar

What is the error that you are getting?

Please check the Log file and let us know of the error.

Warm Regards

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Damodhar

In the portalapp.xml @ components tab @ component-config add the SafetyLevel to high_safety.Then upload the par file again and create the iview based on the par. If you created a new component or edited the name of the file then you have to create components in portalapp.xml.

Regards

Geogi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Damodhar

You have to include the following jar files to your par before uploading.

dist@portalinf@lib->...default_api.jar

dist@portalinf@private@lib->....default_core.jar

Then upload using the portal admin->support. Then you will be able to see the par file when you create new iview from par.

Regards

Geogi