cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with my extraction

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) Already one LO extraction say it for SD is up and running live with all the process chain and so.. If i get a requirement to add few more field to tis ... how will you do it with minimal impact on prod data which is already live

2) Alreday VAHDR is up and running live... how to active VAITM with minimal effect without impacting VAHDR..

My idea for this was create a replica of the same with additional field make already existing process chain inactive and make new one active and schedule it

If any better suggestion to approach this problem please let me know it. I am waiting for your response. Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

The normal way is we need to fill the setup table again after the enhancement of fields and then need to run the datasource to get the data in bw.

But there are other cases like you can do the enhancement and also you can create an custom extractor based on the Table/FM for the additional field added. Then you can map that custom ds also to the bw flow and map only the newly added fields. And this can b run once without a downtime so that all the values of the newly added field is update into bw.

Assumption is that you need to have DSO layer with overwrite mode. If its different then we might need to do selective deletion etc.

Let me know if you need more info.

Regards,

Chathia.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot chathia and baskar.. Appreciate it.. Great

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

in case the additional fields you need are based on some conditions on already existing fields, then u may go for another datasource containing existing fields, and go on as below:

1.replicate both datasources ( original and conditional) in bi

2.Use write optimized DSO for both datasources

3.merge them using routines

4.use standar dso for the consolidated data n proceed

pre-requisites: the datasource containing conditional fields need to be sought and idea on routines