cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with format and destionation for Schedule

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

We are in a middle of migration to Xi R3 SP2 and when I try to schedule a document I have this error text under:

Schedule/Formats and Destinations/Formats and destinations

displayErrorMessage="VIEWER:VIEWER_ERR_DEFAULT (Error: INF )"; traceErrorMessage="\u003Cinput type="hidden" name="BENCHERROR" value="Error Number : - Error Description : VIEWER:_VIEWER_ERR_DEFAULT"\u003E";

Anyone who knows what I should do?

Regards, Marianne

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any confirmation on this issue? We have recently upgraded from the edge 3.1 to the 3.2 fp 2.2, and are hitting the same issue. SAP has not publically acknowledged this, so I will carry on a open a new case.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This impacted our UAT environment and it's very strange.

If we replace the webiDestinationFormat.jsp in our UAT from our dev or Live ( which are working fine) - the error persisits.

However replacing the file from future pack ( given by SAP support) does solve the error, but creates another issue. The FP1.8 . This version has mHTML format and when user will click on that you will get an inelegant java null pointer error.

matthias_nott
Explorer
0 Kudos

Well, well, well.

The issue is not that strange. OK, it is strange enough for me that I was able to stumble over it two times in a row with a distance of perhaps 2 weeks only, and when diffing the old with the new version, being amazed to find a "fix" that I had added to the old code (try/catching around the exception) and consequently forgotten about immediately afterwards. In today's times, we can be happy if we remember what we've coded 2 hours ago, let alone 2 weeks. Anyway. I'm drifting off.

Check out the jsp file. See the line

String[] charsets =objUtils.objConfig.getProperty("CSV_Charset").split(" ");

This is YACFAENPE *)

Obviously, if the "CSV_Charset" property is not specified somewhere, than this results in an NPE. You can of course try/catch that block if you cannot solve the underlying problem (I have no idea about it as I haven't had the time **) to dig into this deeper), but then you'll get not so useful results when using CSV export.

OTOH, CSV export is anyway e.v.i.l. as it tends to let people use a reporting tool for data extraction. Yes I know, people ask for that all the time. But of course CSV calls for charset problems.

Just my 2c,

M

*) Yet Another Case For An Expectable Null Pointer Exception

**) Newspeak for being overwhelmed by the first virtue of a programmer according to the camel book

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

I just recieved solution this problem from SAP Tech Support Team.

This is issue of web application and you need to replace the webidestinationformat.jsp with FP1.8 version.

Steps are:

1. Clean the cache by deleting the following folder:

<BOE folder>\Tomcat55\work\Catalina\localhost\AnalyticalReporting

2. Go to <BOE folder>\Tomcat55\webapps\AnalyticalReporting\jsp\Webi_DestinationFormat

3. Backup webidestinationformat.jsp

4. Replace it with the one from FP1.8

5. The new jsp will be executed when opening the format destination page when scheduling a document.

Hopefully this recommendation will help you to solve the problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

how did you extract webidestinationformat.jsp from FP 1.8 without installing it?

Has anyone tried with a FP newer than FP2.3?

Fredrik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are having the same problem with SP2, FP 2.6

Natascha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have this prob as well.. though the error message is diff

An error has occurred: A java.lang.Exception occured; original exception message VIEWER:_ERR_SECURITY_SET_PREFERENCES

where can we get FP1.8 jsp file?

one thing i dun understand the same installation was done on QA and Dev server BOXI3.1 with SP2

no error at all.

it happens in prod........ sigh

Edited by: BK Ong on Jun 26, 2010 9:41 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Viktor,

Quick question on this issue: Did you find any SAP Note on this issue? I have been trying to search for it but without success.

Also the situation in our environment is the following:

- deployed SP3

- did acceptance testing incl. scheduling documents successfully

- then started configuration on SSO

Now the scheduling does not work anymore. I tried to undo the SSO settings in web.xml & CMC but the error messages in stdout.log remain the same:

25-08-10 02:41:59:232 - [/InfoViewApp].[action] Thread [http-8080-Processor25]; Servlet.service() for servlet action threw exception

java.lang.IllegalStateException

at org.apache.catalina.connector.ResponseFacade.sendError(ResponseFacade.java:418)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServletResponseWrapper.sendError(HttpServletResponseWrapper.java:117)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.credential.WrappedServletResponse.sendError(WrappedServletResponse.java:30)

at com.wedgetail.idm.sso.AbstractAuthenticator.writeAuthenticationChallenge(AbstractAuthenticator.java:1936)

at com.wedgetail.idm.sso.MechChecker.authenticate(MechChecker.java:147)

at com.wedgetail.idm.sso.AbstractAuthenticator.authenticate(AbstractAuthenticator.java:1444)

at com.wedgetail.idm.sso.AbstractAuthenticator.checkAuthenticationOnly(AbstractAuthenticator.java:1330)

at com.wedgetail.idm.sso.AbstractAuthenticator.checkAuthentication(AbstractAuthenticator.java:1139)

at com.wedgetail.idm.sso.AuthFilter.doFilter(AuthFilter.java:148)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.credential.WrappedResponseAuthFilter.doFilter(WrappedResponseAuthFilter.java:66)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)

at org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.JvmRouteBinderValve.invoke(JvmRouteBinderValve.java:209)

at org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.ReplicationValve.invoke(ReplicationValve.java:346)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)

at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:869)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:664)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.apache.jsp.jsp.Webi_005fDestinationFormat.webidestinationformat_jsp._jspService(webidestinationformat_jsp.java:356)

at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)

at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:334)

at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:314)

at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:264)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:672)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.processRequest(ApplicationDispatcher.java:463)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:398)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:301)

at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.processActionForward(ActionServlet.java:1759)

at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1596)

at com.businessobjects.webutil.struts.CrystalUTF8InputActionServlet.process(CrystalUTF8InputActionServlet.java:32)

at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:492)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:689)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)

at com.businessobjects.webutil.websessiontimeout.WebSessionTimeoutFilter.doFilter(WebSessionTimeoutFilter.java:161)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)

at org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.JvmRouteBinderValve.invoke(JvmRouteBinderValve.java:209)

at org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.ReplicationValve.invoke(ReplicationValve.java:346)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)

at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:869)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:664)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marianne,

I am getting the same error, have you resolved your issue? If so, can you please share the resolution with me?

Thank you!

jmsrpp
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Are you using .NET or Java to host Infoview? I am currently discussing a similar problem on another thread that deals with XI3.1 SP2, .NET Infoview, and Format/Destination.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

We are using Java.

//Marianne

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

No we have not solved the issue. When we do I let you know how we did it.

Regards, Marianne

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have the same problem on XI R3.1 SP2 FP2.3

We are migrate from XI R2 SP6

We are using java also.