cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with extraction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends

I have a COPA extract structure created where in i am using the delta update.

When i tried to do the extraction some how the data is not being extracted into SAP BW .

Now where should i collect the time stamp and what is the process that i need to follow for re extracting

Regards

vijay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Assuming you are using the standard COPA extractor, you can use transaction KEB2 to see detailed information on the timestamps.

Please refer to notes 422173 and 633224 on reseting the timestamp.

Regards,

Troy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

does the extractor checker in the source system do his work? (TA rsa3)

Regards, Denise

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can see the timestamp of your COPA datasource when you display the datasource with enhanced information .

Former Member
0 Kudos

my question is if i have done extraction once and there was some problem in the extraction.

Now if i need to perform the extraction once again the extraction i require the time stamp of that delta update

where can i pickup and what the process that i need to follow after collecting and perform the next extraction

Regards

vijay

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

The system takes care of the timestamp and you do not need to reset it. If the extraction failed, simply try again. My understanding is that the timestamp is not adjusted until the system knows that the load was successful.

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi bhanu

My question is the extraction was succesful in SAP r/3 but due to some RFC problem it couldnt reach SAP BW.

Since for the first delta the time stamp is present should i go ahead and do the extraction once again or take care of old time stamp.

Since mean time there might be other records created which i should not take care of.

Let me know your views.

Regards

vijay