Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with EPCF.doNavigate

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a page that calls

EPCM.doNavigate('ROLES://portal_content/00_Ray_Content_Library/Employee_dom/00_Common/Roles/com.ray.dom.gen.role.employee/com.ray.dom.gen.ws.Employee/nf_8/com.ray.dom.gen.pg.welcome_2',2);

Everything works fine as long as I the mode is 1 or 2

I want to navigate to another page within the same window. So when I pass the mode as 0 or nothing (defaults to 0) I get the following error.

I checked the EPCF.getDirty() and it is set to Work Protection. The isolation level of my iview is URL.

Portal Runtime Error

An exception occurred while processing a request for :

iView : pcd:portal_content/every_user/general/com.ray.ep.gen.defaultframework/com.sap.portal.innerpage/com.sap.portal.pageToolbar

Component Name : com.sap.portal.navigation.pagetoolbar.PageToolbar

The exception was logged. Inform your system administrator..

Exception id: 02:57_27/07/04_0077

See the details for the exception ID in the log file

Portal Runtime Error

An exception occurred while processing a request for :

iView : pcd:portal_content/every_user/general/com.ray.ep.gen.defaultframework/com.sap.portal.innerpage/com.sap.portal.contentarea

Component Name : com.sap.portal.navigation.contentarea.default

The exception was logged. Inform your system administrator..

Exception id: 02:57_27/07/04_0078

See the details for the exception ID in the log file

Any ideas??

Thanks

Lakshmi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This works!!!

EPCM.doNavigate('ROLES://portal_content/00_Ray_Content_Library/Employee_dom/00_Common/Roles/com.ray.dom.gen.role.employee/com.ray.dom.gen.ws.Employee/nf_8/com.ray.dom.gen.pg.welcome_2','','','','0','');

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to do this in the masthead STILL!

My link calls a javascript function, which in turn calls the EPCM.doNavigate.

But nothing happens at all when I click the link.

Does it matter where the "targeted" page is in the directory?

Why does the link have "ROLES" in it?

I can't even get the example to work from the help docs from http://help.sap.com (the example for URL Navigation) where the example uses "<portal_url>?NavigationTarget=" instead of doNavigate.

I am using EP6 SP2.

Here is my code:

Link code is:

<hbj:link id="HelpLink" tooltip="<%=helpTooltipStr%>" linkDesign="FUNCTION" reference="javascript:openMyCAHelp();"><hbj:textView text="<%=helpTextStr%>"/></hbj:link>

Javascript code is:

function openMyCAHelp()

{

<%if (!isPreview){%>

EPCM.doNavigate('ROLES://portal_content/com.clarkeamerican.portal.folder.z_folder_company/com.company.portal.ca_folder.z_folder_ca_roles/com.company.portal.roles.z_role_ca_standard_1/z_rolefolder_standard_reports/com.company.portal.pages.z_page_report_overviews/com.company.portal.iviews.z_iview_report_overviews/com.company.portal.iviews.z_iview_stdrpthelp','1','height=600, width=800, scrollbars, menubar, resizable', 'myCAreports.com', '2', 'DefaultExternal');

<%}%>

}

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

The Link has roles in it because it the iView you are accessing is inside the role.

if it is just a iView you can use PCD:// instead of role.

The Role is used to avoid other users to direclty call the iView when they dont have the access to that iView.

-D