cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with DTP Delta Init from Standard DSO to Cube

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

i try to load initial data from a DSO to a Cube.

The DSO has a lot of requests and when i load them in a empty cube with a delta DTP, the process seems to work fine and the request seems ok (green) in the cube MANAGE and i'm able to see data in the query cube. But if i see the monitor request it has the technical status green, but the GLOBAL STATUS YELLOW, the last message (MISSING MESSAGE - SETTING GLOBAL STATE GREEN) remain yellow.

This prevents me to load and activate new data in the DSO because it is blocked from yellow request. And so i can't load new data to the cube.

This is the first time i find this problem, i deleted the cube and reloaded it from the DSO (only 1.900.000 data) others times without problems.

If i load data from DSO to Cube wilt a FULL DTP it's all ok.

SAP_BW 7.00 -> SAPKW70023

Someone can help me?

Thanks

Piergiorgio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a strange and weird scenario. Even i faced this issues in DSO aswell.

Please use the below SAP NOTE: 1368888 for solving the issue.

Regards,

Siva A

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Siva,

thanks for your answer but the note you speak about regards support packages 23, the same updated in the system. Next time i'll be to the customer I have to check what version is installed (now version 6).

Now i temporary solve the problem with a workaround: i'm doing a FULL update every night, but i don't like it a lot.

I'll let you know next time

Thanks

Piergiorgio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check the below thread for that issue. this issue also saying the same note. You can even check with basis team if there is any miss in implementation of that note.

http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1928347

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member1310099
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

When you are loading data from a DSO to a cube for the 1st time, always do the FULL Load in the DTP. Then after when ever new records come into your DSO, you can do a delta load from the DSO to the Cube. It will definitely work.

Regards,

Sravan.

sven_mader2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

sometimes. no errors in ST22, SM37 or SM21.

There is missing a IDOC? Or, do you have not enough free processes (dialog and batch).

=> first, restart the process.

=> when you get the same error, then you have to check.

=> sometimes, there are unexplained errors.

Sven