cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with data selection in an Info Package

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts

In ECC I made a generic Data Source to load AUART (order type) from T003P table and defined SPRAS as a selection field. When testing the extractor the selection works.

Then in BW I replicated this Data Source. In BW the Data Source shows SPRAS as a selection field. But in the Info Package the field doesn't appear as a selection field.

Can anyone please explain what's hapenning? In the Data Source (in BW) the field has an "X" in Selection, but has "0" in Sel Opts ( I can't change it to "2"). Does it have anything to do?

Thank you, I'll assign rewards.

César

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not answered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi César Menezes,

I faced the same problem recently 10 min back. But i solved.

Solution:

The selection is not displaying since, i loading the data before with init info package.

So, I delete the init request from data target and deleted the init info packge, create a new info package. But I shocked, I didnt get the selection. then i clicked Processing tab beside Data selection tab in info package and again clicked Data selection tab. Again Shocked, selection appeared. 

Now, this thread is answered.

Regards,

Siva Patil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In BW can u edit the data source and activate it explicitly. Please check if the

selection option appears in the infopackage after this.

Regards

Vin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vin.

The Select option in the SPRAS line is marked with "X", but it's not editable. I believe that it happens because I replicated the Data Source from ECC.

Anyway, I solved it by another way (made the selection in the DTP). And now I'm leaving the project.

So thanks to everybody that tried to help.

César

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cesar

Can you try replicating again and see what happens. Also. logout and go back in

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jimi, I already did it.

I created and replicated two more generic Data Sources, one to get EQART (object type - equipment) from the table T370K_T, the other one to get equipment text from the table EQKT.

In BW, all three Data Sources show SPRAS as a selection field, but it doesn't appear as a selection field in the Info Package.

In the Data Source (BW), all three have "X" in the Selection column and "0" in the Sel Opts. I understand that the correct is "1" (Selection EQ permitted) or "2" (Selection BT permitted), but I can't change it. Does it have anything to do with the problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

César,

If SPRAS is selectable, your infopackage will extract data (texts) for all languages that are installed on your BW system. That's why you can't choose.

Regards,

Samba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Samba

Sorry for not answering earlier.

Do you mean that I can't select a language from a table that has SPRAS?

I checked it again. In the BW side SPRAS is marked as selectable in the Data Source, but I can't select it in the Info Package.

By what you said, I understand that it selects automatically for all the languages that are installed in BW. Is it true?

Thanks

César