cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with BI-IP and Offsets in Fiscal Period/Year

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi freinds,

I got a request that is linked to BI-IP and Query design.

The request is that the users should always see a complete year by Fiscal Periods (001.2010...012.2010).

Now the BI-IP should be dynamic. This means in 007.2010 the user should plan 008.2010...012.2010, the previous month are supposed to be the actuals.

Problem: I do not want to change the query each month in order to move the planning month. I tried to use an offset with 11 month actuals. Saying "current month/Year", -1,-2,...,-11 using 11 restricted key figures. Same I did for the planning month. I now limited the Data to 2010 in the filter and anywhere I could. However, the result columns are showing all 22 Month. 001.2010...007.2010 are the only once which carry data. all other columns are empty.

I just do not want to see the columns that do not belong to the current year.

Any ideas or How to's I can use?

Thanx and best regards

Joerg

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member5472
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to create an exit variable which should generate respective period data that you want to show in columns.

based on system date it should calculate the periods which are open for planning and the past periods which act as actuals.

If you want the actuals to be read only then try activatin data slice for the same period which are lapsed.

Thanks

Pratyush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, but I can't imagine how that should work.

I have two Cubes combined under a Multicube. One containing the Actuals and one for the Forecasts. To show the actuals I have to create a restricted key figure that shows the actuals and for the forecast I have to select differently.

What is the exit variable supposed to do? I could use a SAP Provided variable to find out about the first month and the actual month, but since it will be a restricted keyfigure it will be shown as sum between the two month. I need for each month of the year a column, and the "open" Month should be input ready. And this should be dynamic.

Thanks for helping

Joerg

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have to add, that we are using BI-IP (7.0). SInce I found the solution above with using BPS

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/b0cbc52f-c692-2b10-6498-90fefd7ec3c0

but this works only for compressed data columns in BPS, not for BI-IP where this option is not possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

If I understand your problem then better use posing period and fiscal year instead of Fiscal year/period.

Create 12 RKF 's fro actual and 12 RKF's for Forecasr and restrict posting period 1 to 12 for actual and forecast and version.

Make fiscal year selectionm then you can able to select the required fiscal year.

Hope it helps.....

Chandu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandu,

thx for your post, but the problem remains. You get then 24 coIumns but I just want the 12 Month for this year, not 24 month.

Br

Joerg

Edited by: Joerg Lehmann on Jul 29, 2010 2:36 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Then have restriction on Fiscal year/period selection.

Use customer exit for version. Read the system date or Fiscal year/Period then make the current and previuos periods are as actuals and the remaining are forecast on version.

Hope it helps...

Edited by: Chandu on Jul 29, 2010 2:43 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now I understand.

I need one Variable for Current Planning Period/Year where the Planning Period is set (where ever),

one Variable for Valuetype and one for InfoProvider.

The Query needs 12 Periods as Restrikted Keyfugre and in each RKF i put in the Period, the Valuetype variable and the InfoProvider.

The Variables are now filled according to the Planning period, I the RKF Period lower then Planning Period, the Valuetype and Infoprovider point at Actuals. Is the RKF Period greater then Planning Period, then the Value type and InfoProvider point at Planning.

Right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is your query on cube or multi provider? If i'ts on cube then you dont need Infoprovider.

The remaing are exactly right.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, it's a Multicube

thx@all

Points assigned

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member5472
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The logic that is built using BPS can be re-used in BI-IP by writing an User Exit variable.

As suggested use two variables, one for actuals and other for Planned.

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/90f8b363-882d-2c10-ea91-9f08ce4c658a?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true]

Thanks

Pratyush

Edited by: Pratyush Panda on Jul 29, 2010 5:17 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm aware how to create Variable exits, but columns without Data are not displayed in this case. That means that also my Input ready columns are not displayed.