cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem while using BEx 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

BEx 3.x at my place is working absolutely fine, I am able to broadcast query results as well as

workbooks to external email addresses.

However, while using BEx 7.0, it doesn't event display query results on to the web.

When in query designer (BEx (7.0)). I open a query and click on execute. there is new browser

window that pops up, however it shows that the page cannot be displayed. The address in the address

bar is a bit weird as well. It looks something like as shown below.

http:///irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/pcd!3aportal_content!2fcom.sap.pct!2fplatform_add_ons!
2fcom.sap.ip.bi!2fiViews!2fcom.sap.ip.bi.bex?QUERY=

I know this is possibly because portal integration is not done. I don't want the results to be displayed on

to the portal. So my question is, Is there a way with which, without integration of portal and BI, I can

execute a query result on the internet browser via BEx 7.0.

Any help would really be appreciated.

Regards,

Sree.

Edited by: Arun Varadarajan on Mar 30, 2009 3:20 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's strange,Can't anyone answer this question, I searched the previous threads.

However none of them mentions how without the integration of the portal can I launch a query

result onto the browser. I searched the SAP notes, but in vain, I searched the help site as well.

but again in vain.

Thanks in advance.

Sree

Edited by: Sree Nair on Mar 30, 2009 11:36 AM

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want the query results to be available on WEB - you can use the 3.x runtime on ABAP - follow the steps given below :

a. Run the query on 3.x Analyzer ( yes - you can run 7.0 queries in the older analyzer )

b. Execute the same on the web...

c. make a note of the URL..

it will be something ike this :

http://<yourserver>:<port>/bex/.

Use this URL to run your ueries on web - also in the case on your JAVA stack - looks like FQDN is not configured

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello sir,

Thank you for your response,

How ever, copying the URL everytime wont be a feasible idea, isn't there a way with the help of which, when I click on Execute button in the BEx 7.0 Query designer or Analyzer, it would take me directly to the URL as it happens in BEx 3.x. You mentioned something about the JAVA stack, could you help me with how can I configure them. If you could provide me with any relevant notes as such. I would really appreciate it.

Thank you

Sree.

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

your BASIS team has to do that - hey will have toinstall the JAVA WAS or atleast one of the related usage types such as EP JAVA or BI JAVA..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thankyou very much for your response sir. I would speak to my Basis people.

Regards,

Sree nair.

Answers (0)