cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem while creating UI command??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have some doubts which i would like to clarify with u all as I am new to this.I have to create a new UI command.For this, I have created a project in which I have included portal service and a java file.I have deployed it on the server.No errors were shown.

Now I am not able to see my service inside Service configuration applications..Am I missing anythin out here??Can someone tell me all the steps to be carried out??

Points ll be awarded for suitable answers.

Thanks & Regards,

Udit

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udit,

I assume you have created a portal project and a java class with the code for your ui command. Furthermore your project should contain a wrapper service interface and class (typically com.sap.netweaver.rf.wrapper.IRFServiceWrapper and RFServiceWrapper). Is this what you mean when you write that you have created a service?

The wrapper service is required for the classloading. It will not appear anywhere in the service administration of the portal!

The next step to create your ui command is to go to the Content Management configuration and create a new UI command instance and enter name of your class in the parameter "Java Class". Then you should be able to display and use the ui command in your layout.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/9d/233f989a5ba64fa44ed6e0823286ee/frameset.htm

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Thanx for the valuable reply. Ya, you are right..I have created a service, but with a diff name..Is it neccessary to use same name (i.e wrapper.IRFServiceWrapper and RFServiceWrapper) for the interface and class?

Regards,

Udit

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Udit,

> Is it neccessary to use same name (i.e wrapper.IRFServiceWrapper and

> RFServiceWrapper) for the interface and class?

Absolutely not. It doesn't matter how you call these, the only impotant thing is that the service is called (startup = true in portalapp.xml) and that it extends the CrtClassloader. That's the whole magic of this special service.

Hope it helps

Detlev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Detlev,

Thanks for the reply. I have made changes to my portalapp.xml and deployed my project again. Then I created a new UI command and tried to use it in my command groups in layout set. But I am unable to see my command link. Can you provide a solution for it?

Regards,

Udit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Govil,

Refer this link

<a href="https://media.sdn.sap.com/html/submitted_docs/nw_kmc/howto/km/flexui/Flexible%20UI%20Components.html#_Toc88990490">How to implement Flexible UI Command</a>

Regards,

Malini,V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Malini,

I referred to that link only for creating the UI command.The command is already created but I am not able to see it when I am using it in any of the command groups.

Regards,

Udit

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Udit,

It is really hard to say / analyze remotely, what the reason could be for the command not to appear. I urgently would suggest checking the default trace log as well as trying to debug your command implementation. Good chances are always that the ClassloaderRegistry is not extended correctly, that you would see in the trace for example.

Hope it helps

Detlev