Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem storing properties with IServiceProfile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SDN,

I found the following SDN Topic which seems to be similiar to my problem:

https://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?forumID=41&threadID=26137&messageID=233589#233589

I feel I have the same problem but not on EP6 SP3 but on current EP6 (tested on SPS12 and SPS14). So I decided to open this as a new topic again:

I have a service for which I am trying to set properties programmatically.

I created an iView which calls a set method on the service. In this method a specific property of the service is changed using the following code:

IServiceProfile serviceProfile= context.getServiceProfile();
serviceProfile.setProperty(key, value);
serviceProfile.store();

However, if I look in the Property Editor of this service sometimes this call seems to change the property and sometimes not!

Specifically, if I use the call above just after restarting the SAP EP it works. But any following call does not change the value in the Property Editor.

If I check the value bevor changing it in the iView which does the change it seems like the property value has been changed correctly.

But it is not a caching problem in the browser, because if I access the property from a different iView it has not changed as well.

Does anybody know about a solution to this problem?

Best regards,

Stefan Brauneis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

for this reason: "sometimes this call seems to change the property and sometimes not" as well as for it was a known bug earlier I would strongly advise to open an OSS message (and to come back here with the result from it).

Hope it helps

Detlev

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

has the answer been of any value for you? If yes, please consider rewarding points for helpful answers! Thanks in avance!

Best regards

Detlev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Detlev,

I was hoping that anybody could find a better solution than telling "...ask the expert next door...".

But this answer is of course more valuable than nothing. So you get points. Sorry, I could have done this earlier.

The problem, however, still exists. Even if it has only very low priority for me, because there is the workaround of just using the services property editor. Every change there seems to be reflected immediately.

I will keep this question open and wait if somebody on SDN has a solution to it.

Best regards,

Stefan Brauneis

Answers (0)