cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem installing Studio & Client Rev. 80 on Linux - Apple Encoding

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I tried to install new versions of the Hana Studio and client on debian testing/x64 and get funny errors. For the client

Cannot initialize archive "._PYDBAPI.TGZ"

error reading archive: unexpected end of archive /usr/local/lib/sap/sap_hana_linux64_client_rev80/client/._PYDBAPI.TGZ

and for studio

Cannot initialize archive "._CLIENTINST.TGZ"
    error reading archive: unexpected end of archive /usr/local/lib/sap/sap_hana_linux64_studio_rev80/studio/._CLIENTINST.TGZ

AFAICT, these files are Apple-encoded:

/usr/local/lib/sap/hdbstudio# file /usr/local/lib/sap/sap_hana_linux64_studio_rev80/studio/._CLIENTINST.TGZ /usr/local/lib/sap/sap_hana_linux64_client_rev80/client/._PYDBAPI.TGZ

/usr/local/lib/sap/sap_hana_linux64_studio_rev80/studio/._CLIENTINST.TGZ: AppleDouble encoded Macintosh file

/usr/local/lib/sap/sap_hana_linux64_client_rev80/client/._PYDBAPI.TGZ:    AppleDouble encoded Macintosh file

and not in Linux tar/gzip format. It looks as if the installation program would think I'm running a Mac...?

Cheers,

-- Micha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Am I the only one who cannot install Rev 80 on Linux? If so, that would help me to pin down the problem. Did anyone of you guys install successfully Studio Rev 80 on Linux 64?

-- Micha

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have also just run into this problem. I removed all the AppleDouble files (files that start with '._' ) and I was then able into install the studio and client. To remove all the '._' files I did the following from the directory I extracted the files to ...

find -iname '._*' -exec rm -v '{}' \;

For anybody else reading this, I had a separate problem using hdbsetup (on Ubuntu 14.04). This is the error I got.

$ sudo ./hdbsetup

SAP HANA Installer Runtime Error:

perl compilation error (loading SDB::Install::App::Gui::Installation):

cannot load wxWidgets properly: Can't load '/local/sap_hana/sw/saphana_studio/sap_hana_linux64_studio_rev80/instruntime/Wx.so' for module Wx: libjpeg.so.62: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory at DynaLoader.pm line 190.

at sdbrun/Require.pl line 62

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at SDB/Install/App/Gui.pm line 6.

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at SDB/Install/App/Gui/Installation.pm line 12.

There is a dependancy on libjpeg62.  This was fixed by doing...

sudo apt-get install libjpeg62

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Seamus.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great, I didn't think of that 🙂 Works now. No idea why <rant>SAP includes Apple rubbish in the Linux installer </rant>.

-- Micha

0 Kudos

I ran into the same issue. Very helpfull suggestion! Thank you

S0021332585
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Seamus,

I tried to follow your trick to remove the AppleDouble Files, but I got some errors in terminal.

Anyway, I was able to install HANA Studio and Client following these five steps:

1.       Extract “sap_hana_linux64_studio_rev80.tgz” into the same directory;

2.       Open the Terminal from directory “sap_hana_linux64_studio_rev80/sap_hana_linux64_studio_rev80”

3.       Remove Apple Double files (files that start with '._' run this command:

find . -name '._*' -print0 | xargs -0 rm

4.       Fix dependencies on “libjpeg62” run this command:

sudo apt-get install libjpeg62

5.       Install Hana Setup run this command

sudo ./hdbsetup

Hope this helps,

Regards

Luca