cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem in xml form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have created one xml form using form builder...there are three views..edit, renderer list and show....then in portal, i created one iview using newsexplorer layout set for edit form and newsbrowser layout set for show form . My problem is...wich layout set i have to choose for getting rendererlist form? one more thing, before creating iviews, should i have to create any folder in km repository ? i am using ep 6 sp2.

regards

ram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ram singh,

There are some steps that you could follow :

1. Create the XML FORMS using the XML FORMS Builder

a) On Edit panel create your form that will be visible on NewsExplorer Layouset.

b) On RenderList create how your form wil be visible on NewsBrowser Layouset.

2. Create first Iview for Admin:

a) Set the layouset to "NewsExplorer"

b) Set the "Path to Initially Displayed Folder" to "/MyFolderForXMLFORM"

c) Set the "Path to Initially Displayed Folder" to "/MyFolderForXMLFORM"

3. Create second Iview for users:

a) Set the layouset to "NewsBrowser"

b) Set the "Path to Initially Displayed Folder" to "/MyFolderForXMLFORM"

c) Set the "Path to Initially Displayed Folder" to "/MyFolderForXMLFORM"

That's all! Now you can create new items using the Admin iView, which will be storage on KM path that you had set on steps 2 and 3. When you open your User Iview will be show all xml files that exists on your "/MyFolderForXMLFORM".

<b>There are some helpful links above:</b>

How to create XML FORMS

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/ee639033-0801-0010-0883-b2c76b18...

Creanting XML FORMS

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/fd/bd016254946048a4d7a17c2aad7600/frameset.htm

Cheers,

Alcides Flach

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Alcides,

thnks for reply....my doubt is as u have mentioned in step 2 and 3, should i create "/MyFolderForXMLFORM" folder in km bfore creating iviews? and one more thing , if rendererlist form is required to show the news then what is the purpose of 'show form' ?

regrds

ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

U should create the folder MyFolderForXMLFORM before creating iviews.

Regarding your next doubt:

Suppose u are creating a news item and u want to display the title of the news item,author & date to viewers. U use a renderlist item for this. This is for displaying the various news items.Now the description of the news item is in the show form. For this the title that is displayed in the renderlist item should be a link that links to the Show form so that when the viewers click on the title in the renderlistform the show form is opened. To achieve this in the Title property(in the renderlistform) there is a property called Hyperlink.. set it to Dislay. Then the title in the renderlistform will display the show form when the title is clicked.

To sum up the show form has the description for each news item.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Pooja.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U should create that folder MyFolderForXMLFORM before creating iviews. Create an iview(News Explorer) for the edit form and another for renderlist form(News Browser). The items in the render list form should link to your show form.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Pooja.