cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in users logging in JAVA GUI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We created some users in ABAP Engine and tried to use these users to login into IR and ID of XI.But there was an authorization error. We were not able to login uing those users. When we used XISUPER uname and Pwd it did work well.

Can anybody throw light as to how the users has to be enabled on J2EE side?

Isn't that users created on the ABAP side alone is enough? ( After generating all the authorization Profile and User Comparison Check properly done ).

Is there anything that has to be done on the J2EE side to login?

thanks in advance,

Romit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Romit,

Unfortunately, it depends on your current Support package. I believe starting from SP11 you should have similar authorizations on both systems. However, even from SP5, you should have no problems with basic roles:

SAP_XI_DEVELOPER,

SAP_XI_CONFIGURATOR,

SAP_XI_ADMINISTRATOR,

SAP_XI_MONITOR.

You might have some problems with authorizations of j2ee_admin user, but regular authorizations should work just fine.

Note: Be sure to add the role XXX_ABAP AND XXX_JAVA.

Dmitriy Mindich

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dmitry,

I checked for the roles, J2EE_Admin are all perfect but I could not understand why its not allowing me to use other users other than XISUPER to login.

Is there anything like mapping of User roles to the User Groups to be done on the User administration on the JAVA side? If yes How?

Thanks,

Karunamurthy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is your XI system configured for both the users and groups to be maintained in the ABAP side? (this was specified during installation whether to have both users and groups or just users) What can you see from the UME (i.e. are users there? groups there? (these would be your ABAP role names))? There is a delay in the users/groups coming over to the UME however mine have always transferred across where the ABAP roles equal the groups in the UME.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amber,

Thanks for the post.

I logged in to the UME page using the user XISUPER.What I could see was the user details of XISUPER while we create in SU01. I could not see any details regarding the roles as such and I am not sure what option was chosen while Installation ? ( ie. users and groups maintained on the ABAP side ) .

If not how to enable it now ?

Thanks,

Romit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to logon to the UME as J2EE_ADMIN (or Administrator depending on how you have UME configured) in order to be able to administer all users and see what is going on. If you logon as a user that as J2EE_ADMIN access (which XISUPER does not) you will be able to see if indeed your users are there and what groups/roles if any they are assigned to. If your UME is not setup to get the groups from the ABAP side, you will also be able to assign them manually in the J2EE here.

Amber