cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in search

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all

i've created an index and i'm able to search documents now. but the problem is after searching it is showing only some documents relatd to that keyword .buti wnt all my documents in my repository to be display related to my search keyword. and can we search the docs by creating multiple indexes.if so, can anybody tell me the procedure for it.

regards

gnana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

KarstenH
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Gnana,

>> only some documents relatd to that keyword .buti wnt all my documents in my repository to be display related to my search keyword.

Only some "related to"?

Or only some "containing"?

Multiple Indexes:

If you mean to put one document in more than one index: the default does not allow that to avoid redundancies.

Regards, Karsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello karsten

>> it is showing only some "containing"

regarding multiple indexes consider the following hierarchy

rootsub150 folders

sub2--50 folders

sub3--50 folders

sub4--50 folders

wht i did is i created 1 index and assigned root,but

wht i am asking is is it possible to create 4 indexes and assign each sub folder to one index.such that it will search the documents effectively. and other is my folders contains some 10 to 20 levels of hierarchy is it become prob to index for searching if the hierarchy level is more than 3.

and also,can tell me the use of creating multiple indexes

regarding

gnana

KarstenH
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Gnana,

if it is only showing some containing:

Have you checked the TREX Monitor, if all documents have been successfully indexed?

And are they all actually text-containing or are there scans or oother bitmap texts among them?

Multiple indexes:

- You can generally structure your indexes as you wish (just no double indexing, as I said)

- e.g. you could create 4 indexes, each starting with node subX

- This might help you in the following ways:

• Faster index updates per index

• Posibility to pre-parmetrize searches to only one of those indexes

• Permissons possible to be set on index level (additional to actual file ACLs) and thus then per sub-node

• All configurations that can be made per index can more granularly be set.

Disadvantage:

If you split into several indexes, you cannot have a taxonomy over all your content (relation is strictly 1:1).

Hope that helps,

Karsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Karsten,

I checked The TREX Monitor it showing that 69 documents got satatus ok. but my repository contains some thousands of files. how can i make all file to be search. and also can i search the content in web by creating web index along with this search.

Regards

gnana

Answers (0)