cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem displaying the output in the same view

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Gurus,

I have developed an web dynrpo application and have three views, in the first view I am having an input field from which I am calling a BAPI by giving that input field value as input to the BAPI.

Now is it possible to display the output also retrived from the BAPI on the same view.

Thanks and regards

kris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

closing the thread

lajitha_menon
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

In the window navigational diagram, create a view set, with t-layout, put your view with the input in the top part and the output one in the bottom part. It will get displayed on the same screen. If you dont want to see the output view when you first go to the page, you can put an empty view there, and trigger the output view with a plug.

cheers,

lm

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi LM,

Thanks for your fast response.

I think I was not clear in explaining my problem.

I have a view in which I have an input field which is the input to the BAPI, now on entering the value in the input field I have a submit button, on clicking the BAPI should be executed and also the the output should be displayed on the same view.

Now regarding the mapping both the input and output are in the same context, would that a problem.

And also after getting the output from the BAPI I have to do some validations based on the output from the BAPI and get some message printed on the view.

Please help me in this issue.

Thanks and regards

kris

lajitha_menon
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

It should work if you call the usual procedure for Bapi..just call the bapi upon click of that button, by linking the button to an action, writing the code for calling the bapi in the action method, and also doing the validations after you get the bapi output, and use the components message manager to display the message...

cheers

lm