cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Problem: Deploying SDK Extensions to SAP Enterprise Portal

0 Kudos

Hi SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio Community

Currently we are facing a problem with the SDK Extensions on the SAP Enterprise Portal. There is a problem while deploying SDK Extensions from SAP BW (ABAP only) to SAP Enterprise Portal (JAVA only)

SAP Design Studio -> Execute on SAP Enterprise Portal:

We were able to install SDK Extensions to SAP BW ...

... and they are listed in S_TCODE RSA1:

For deploying SDK Extensions on SAP Enterprise Portal i've followed "Administrator Guide: SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio based on SAP NetWeaver" (https://websmp210.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/012002523100003684182016E/ds_16SP01_admin_nw_en.pdf)

Because our Portal UME takes all user from SAP BW system and using logon method SAPLOGONTICKET we had to implement 1894594 - Design Studio - Support Note for NetWeaver Add-On (TroubleshootingSDK.docx).

But the problem still exists ... The SDK Extensions are not loaded from SAP BW to SAP Enterprise Portal.

Questions: Have you ever been faced with the same problem? Every hint and support is welcome πŸ™‚

Kind regards

Robert

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi all

I could solve my problem on my own. Unfortunately the solution is quite simple

We are using Design Studio 1.6 and on the SAP NetWeaver Enterprise Portal version 1.5 was installed. By upgrading the component on the SAP NW Enterprise Portal I could deploy the SDK Extensions to the Portal.

Thank you all very much for your support.

Kind regards

Robert

michaelwecker
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Robert, that is always the proof, that sometimes you just have to step back and see if your power plug is in action

Best regards

Michael

vitran23
Active Participant
0 Kudos
I know this is almost 10 yrs old but we are on 7.5 SP23 and did a refresh of our QA system. After the refresh our VisualBI and SCN community Add ins stopped working. Is there a configure within netweaver or the java stack that could have references to files on our production system which would cause it to throw cannot load add in?

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

is there something missing or unclear in the attachment TroubleshootingSDK.docx of note

1894594 - Design Studio - Support Note for NetWeaver Add-On

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1894594

This sounds similar to what I tried to describe in its attachment.

Thanks,

Christof

PS. I would like to improve the note as it is not trivial. So if you have some suggestions feel free to add them here.

michaelwecker
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Christof,

one idea would be that the first section is only concerning the workaround.

The document could need more structure >;-)

Best regrds

Michael Wecker

michaelwecker
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Robert,

Hello everyone else,

I found a solution and we just tested and implemented it.

We also only had the "bw_service" as an UME Portal user which had no mapping to an ABAP User.

But the user needs  a matched ABAP user for the specific BW System for loading the SDK components within portal.

Then you have to restart the Design Studio components within NWA.

Afterwards it worked for us.

Best regards

Michael Wecker

0 Kudos

Hi Michael

Thank you very much for your reply. But in this case, your JAVA UME data source is not ABAP user store, isn't it?

In my landscape JAVA UME data source = ABAP user store. This is why we need to do the workaround described in SAP Note 1894594 (TroubleshootingSDK.docx)

Unfortunately the workaround does not work. I'm still waiting for a answer from SAP.

Best regards, Robert

keira_zhang
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

Did you resolve your issue? Any answer from SAP?

I have the same issue as you. In my landspace, the JAVA UME data source is ABAP BW, not R/3 system as in workaround described in SAP note 1894594(TroubleshootingSDK.docx)

The user map for bw_service to a user in BW system doesn't work

0 Kudos

Hi Qiaojuan Zhang

Please see my solution below.

Kind regards

Robert

keira_zhang
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

Thank you for kindly reply. I didn't notice your solution.

My issue got resolved too

Br

qiaojuan

michaelwecker
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Robert,

did you found a solution, we are still facing the same Problem?

Thank you & best regards

Michael Wecker

0 Kudos

Hi All!

Did you read the attachment TroubleshootingSDK.docx of note

1894594 - Design Studio - Support Note for NetWeaver Add-On

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1894594

So far this helped to solve all these issues especially the traces explained in the word doc help a lot.

Good luck,

Christof

0 Kudos

Hi Michael

Unfortunately not. I've opened a ticket and i'm still waiting for an answer from sap.

I will let you know as soon as i know more.

Kind regards

Robert

0 Kudos

Hi Karol

Thank you very much for your reply. I've already opened a SAP call. If we get a solution i will provide it here.

Hi Martin

There are some fatal errors on startup in java logs related to "sap.com/com.sap.ip.bi.base.portal" and "sap.com/com.sap.ip.bi.designstudio.nw.portal".

For example: java.security.PrivilegedActionException: com.sap.security.api.UserAlreadyExistsException: User with unique name "bw_service" already exists: Size=1 [USER.R3_DATASOURCE.BW_SERVICE]

I think we can ignore this error because of instructions from workaround (TroubleshootingSDK.docx):

Attention: the BW_SERVICE user must not exist in the UME Portal database it must only exist in data source ABAP.

Kind regards

Robert

Martin-Pankraz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

Actually the error message is backing up what I was telling you before. You need to delete the additional bw_service user (keep the one with abap datasource) on the portal. Of course this is only a symptom of some other problem which we haven't found yet either. That way you will at least get the system to load SDK again after a restart of the java stack.

Let us know if that worked for you.

Kind regards

Martin

0 Kudos

Hi Martin

There is only one "bw_service" in our system (Datasource = ABAP). As far as i know "sap.com/com.sap.ip.bi.designstudio.nw.portal" checks on every startup if "bw_service" users exists with Datasource = UME. Because he can't create this user a error message is thrown.

Kind regards

Robert

Martin-Pankraz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

That is strange because what you describe sounds very like our problem from last week. Check out my screenshot just to be sure we are not missing something. It shows the user admin console on the NW portal after your very same error appeared.

I am interested to hear what SAP has to say about your problem. I would appreciate if you could keep us posted.

Kind regards

Martin

michaelwecker
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Martin,

we still have the same problem and still no solution.

We only have one UME "bw_Service" User but he has no ABAP mapping.

Can that be the problem?

For tryout I connected the one to my personal ABAP Administrator and restarted the design studio nodes within portal but without any success.

Do you have any further idea?

Thanks and best regards

Michael Wecker

Martin-Pankraz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Did you check the troubleshootingSDK document again? Maybe you need to start over the process. For example the guide states that the BW_SERVICE user must be a technical user and not exist in UME! It must only exist in ABAP! According to your screenshot it is on UME. I would advise to go over the document again.

Let us know if that helps.

Regards

Martin

michaelwecker
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Martin,

I think I found a solution, I will test it and then post it.

That the BW_SERVICE user does only have to exist in ABAP is only for the scenario that the R3 UME is mapped; for my solution I still only have the portal user (but it must be mapped to a BW User).

Best regards

Michael

0 Kudos

Hi Michael

Would be great if you could share your solution.

Thanks in advance.

Robert

Martin-Pankraz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

I had the same problem last week. On my end the bw_service user was duplicated. Once deleted and a restart of the java stack the portal started loading sdk extensions again.

The troubleshooting guide also gives directions how to adjust NWA log levels to monitor sdk extension deployment. Maybe that provides another line of thought how to tackle your problem.

Let us know if that helps.

Regards

Martin

Karol-K
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

there is also issue reported on it https://github.com/org-scn-design-studio-community/sdkpackage/issues/91.

Assuming you restarted the portal after deployment, there is not much you can make. you can check in logs if there are some entries from design studio on startup, but next step is incident to check it by support.

Karol