cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem broadcast e-mail - suddenly filtering is lost

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working on SAP BW7.0 (SAP KW70017) and the SAP Enterprise portal.

In our portal we have several query templates (defined as iViews in the portal). A key user has created several reports based on a 1 query template, so with different filters and navigational states. These reports are in the portal saved under the users favorites tab (save as: system = @portal@, type = KMBookmark). When executing this reports in the portal the filtering works fine.

We have created a monthly Broadcasting e-mail using BEX Broadcaster for these reports (more than 100, all based on the same query template): the reports are as xls zip file sent to several e-mail addresses, as defined in the broadcast settings.

These broadcasts have  worked fine during several months , but now - suddenly, without any known changes in the configuration of reports or broadcast setting - the filters are lost in some (not all) reports. So certain email recipients have received confidential info, because the filtering had disappeared. Has anybody any idea how i can research/solve this problem?

Kr, Guy Verschueren.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member586947
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the favourites in the portal, those might have been deleted. I don't think so you can get the deleted favourites again in the portal. Better to save the layouts(Navigational states and filters) in the Bex portfolio instead of user favourites.

I think, you have to create again the same layouts and has to broadcast the newly created layouts of the reports.

Regards,

Satya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is not the problem. When the user is executing the saved report via the users portal favorites, the filtering works fine. But when the broadcast based on the same report is executed, there is no filtering in the attached xls file.

Do you know the differerence between the viewID and the bookmarkID. And where can i find this IDs for 1) the report used in the concerned broadcast setting and 2) the report in de user favorites?

Kr, Guy