cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing Issues while printing a crystal report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a crystal report in a page, when i try to print that page by clicking on the print button, iam getting "Null" while printing.

The below is my page before clicking print image button ( Red color highlighted is Print Button)

Once after clicking the Print button iam getting "null" in the Report. as you can see below.

The print functionality is working fine except that it is showing null while printing and once the printing is done, the report is loading in the page causing the page load.

This report is being used in aspx page and we have done coding in C#.

So please help us in solving the Null issue while printing.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member292966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It looks like you added your own print button to the form.  What happens if you turn the Print button on the Crystal viewer.  Can you print from it's own printer button? 

Where is the word NULL coming from?  Is that from the database or is that a formula in the report? 

I believe the report is not refreshing the data in your print button.  I assume the export buttons you added to the form are working, the same logic needs to be applied to your print button. 

What version of Crystal Reports are you using and version of Visual Studio? 

Thanks,

Brian

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hello,

Try a simply WEB app and load a report with saved data:

public partial class WebForm1 : System.Web.UI.Page

{

protected void Page_Init(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument rpt = new CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument();

rpt.Load(@"D:\Atest\627659\StrikeUnderline.rpt");

CrystalReportViewer1.ReportSource = rpt;

}

}

Add the CR veiwer to the Form and then the above code and see if that works.

As Brian suggests it looks like you may be doing something unique to manage your own print button.

Don