Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

print crosstab subreport extending horizontally

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

SCENARIO:

I have a sub-report containing crosstab table that spans on multiple pages horizontally (although Crystal shows page number as 1 even if I scroll across to other pages). The crosstab is in the Report Footer section in the Subreport. The Sub-report is in the Report Footer Section in the main report.

ISSUE:

I m unable to print all pages of the subreport from the main report. Only first page prints. 

In the subreport, I have tried unchecking the 'Keep Together' option in Section Expert for Report Footer, but it didnt solve issue. I also unchecked 'Keep Columns Together' on the Customize Style Tab in the Cross-Tab Expert inside the Sub-report without any luck.

In the main report, I have tried unchecking the 'Keep Together' option in Section Expert for Report Footer and also tried unchecking 'Keep Object Together' option in Format Editor of Sub-report object inside the Main report, but none of the above solved the issue.

I m using CR 2008. Kindly share your suggestions.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Cross-tab in a sub-report does not expand horizontally.

The only workaround is to place a similar cross-tab in the Main report and place the subreport on top of this cross-tab. Follow Ken Hamady's post.

-Abhilash

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jyothirmayee_s
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you move your Subreport data to main report if the crosstab pulling the data from same query?.

Place that crosstab in report footer.

Crosstab in Subreports may not be printing records horizontally.this feature is a limitation. There is another way you might want to try as suggested by Kenhamady.

http://kenhamady.com/cru/archives/541

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Jothi