cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preview of approval chain before workflow gets triggered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have a different requirement where users want to see the preview of approval chain before workflow gets triggered. I mean once we enter all the data in transaction, after the data validation is done then they want to see the approval chain. What is the best way to achieve this functionality. your input/ideas are highly appreciated.

Thanks

VT

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lots of enhancement. It depends how your approver determination is like. It will be like simulating a rule.

You can create the report using FM RH_GET_ACTORS to retrieve the user who will get the workitem.

Thanks

Arghadip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Enhancement is required. I think your client might have used SRM workflow and wish to have this in ECC workflow. Lots of enhancement needs to be done.

Thanks

Arghadip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Arghadip...good guess. They want to see the approval chain before they trigger workflow. I am working on FI workflows, What enhancements I have to implement for this purpose.

Thanks

VT

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no easy way to do this. Basically the only possibility is to enhance your transaction with a subscreen or a tab where you have to simulate the logic used in your workflow to find agents and show the result of that simulation.

If you are in a homemade transaction it should be pretty easy to do. If you're in a SAP standard transaction it may become a really tough modification/enhancement.

Cheers,

Patrick