cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prerequisite missing - BO 4.0 SP2 installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks ,

The unpacking of the BO 4.0 archieve was successful but while running the setup is showing one prerequisite missing ( Check suppressed reboot state ). I have installed all the prerequisites and none of the files in the installation directory are locked. even restarting the server didn't help (done as per the installation guide).

Please help ?

Rajib

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When installing BOE 4.0 and any client tool of BO 4.0 it will perform a check to see if there is a pending reboot of your system. Sometimes this is not accurate and I've found that most of the time it is due to some print drivers making the system think it is pending a reboot.

You can check what it is pending on in this registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\ PendingFileRenameOperations

If you know what is in the pending key, then you can safely delete it and then start the installation. The Check suppressed reboot state should now pass.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do I know the pending key ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you go to the registry key above and double click on it you will then see if there is any text in it. If there is any text in it you can delete it after making sure if is nothing important (if you just restarted the server you are safe to delete it) and then you should be able to start the installation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks , It worked !

Former Member
0 Kudos

I realise this is a really old thread but you can also create a Windows Command file and include the line:

reg delete "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager" /v PendingFileRenameOperations /f

This will delete the Pending File Rename Operations Key which you're perfectly safe to do as well as just deleting the contents of it.

Personally I've used this a number of times and I have also sent the .cmd script I have to our consultants as well.

It works and it's quicker than navigating the registry

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

workaround confirmed to work on Crystal Server 2013, sp1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried to install trial version "crystal server 2013" and during installation I could see the same error  "suppressed reboot" as mentioned I couldn't find "pending file rename operation" folder under session manager I could see only "File rename operation" folder which as default file. Could anyone help on the same please.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you installing on a brand new machine or doing upgrade?

Former Member
0 Kudos

New installation on windows server 2003 SP2