cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Predictive Analysis In-Proc vs In-DB HANA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a question regarding the best pratice on using PA In-Proc and In-DB HANA.

My question is regarding in what to use if we have a DB with 1/2 Million rows growing every Month, and run models like K-means and apriori, etc..?

Should we go for In-DB (HANA) or IN-PROC should work?

We are testing the In-Proc version and for smal set of data (1 M rows) the models take lots of time to execute.

Thank you for your help.

BR,

Vasco

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasco,

As per SAP documentations, In-Process (In-Proc) is an analysis execution mode in which the data processing is performed by taking data out of the database into the predictive analysis process space. This type of analysis is also referred to as Out-DB analysis.This will have performance issues if you have large number of records in your database as every time you do the analysis you read the data and than analyze. Reading data takes extra time.

On the other hand as per SAP, In-database (In-DB) is an analysis execution mode in which data processing is performed within the database using data mining capabilities. In this mode, the data is never taken out of the database for processing and hence the processing speed is very high. This mode can be used to process large data sets. SAP HANA supports in-DB data mining through R integration and Predictive Analysis Library (PAL).

I would recommend In-DB as you have 1/2 million record growth every month, if you want quick results.

Bimal

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Bimal.