cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Precalculate Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have a query which runs over an Infoset built over 3 ODS Objects.

It also involves some complex calculations and is a detail level report with 4 variables.

Right now Its taking about 30 min to run.

My question is , Is a precalculated result set possible ?Will the users will still be able to enter the variables?

How can this be done.I have no idea abt precalculated queries..

Any help is highly appreciated

Ashish.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

With Precalculated Queries ,only static reports can be delivered :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/23/8f7b3b908a9a46e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Ashish ,you can create a variant for the variables that are using in the Reports --

In Parameter Tab -Variants

This way you can create different variants for the report and precalculate based on that.

Hope this helps.

Sudh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks fo your response Sudh..

Is there a better way to do other than this as the users might want to enter the variables at the run time..

Or any other way to improve the query performance..

Ashish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes Ashish ,

There is a way,

In Precalculate Web Template ,there is a option :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/23/8f7b3b908a9a46e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Data :

Accessing precalculated data improves the system performance considerably: The data is no longer requested from the OLAP processor and only the HTML pages need to be generated. SAP recommends that you precalculate data if your queries contain the following:

¡ complex selection criteria

¡ top N conditions

¡ calculated key figures

you run the queries over the night.

then data will be loaded to OLAP.In the morning If you run the queries ,you will get from the OLAP ,not from the DB.that way your queries will be faster.

This is Called OLAP Warmup.

Hope this helps.

Sudh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudh,

Let me try it and I will get back to you..

Just one quetion..do you have an idea weather this allows the users to enter the variables or I will have to use variants?

thanks a lot

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is like this :

If you run this without any variant ,it will bring every thing to OLAP (I think this will take time).

you can enter the variables ,what ever you want because you have every thing in OLAP is will come quickly(depends on OLAP Cache set up).

The best option is ,Run the query using some generic variant.then drilldown in that will be faster.

If it won't find data in OLAP ,again it goes to DB to get the data.

Check this out,

Sudh

Answers (0)