cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Precalculate and Save Workbook in a client network place

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

My customer wants to precalculate and save it in his network place. I'm doing the precalculation with Broadcaster and this has to send it with email. My question is if there is a way to save (automatically) the workbook in the network places after theprecalculation via background process. They don't want to send the workbook with email.

Thanks in advanced,

Regards

Csr

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply,

It doesn't help me because the questions haven't been solved. As I told you I want to save a report in a network folder, on a file server. We have BW 7.0.

Furthermore, I shall get as result one workbook per month in this folder.

Benoit

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are using the SAP Enterprise Portal, there is a way to do this by creating a "dummy" folder in KM that actually points to a network folder on a remote server. There is a white paper available that describes the steps involved, titled "How to Broadcast a BI Report to a Directory on the Enterprise Portal Server". (The title is actually somewhat misleading, because the folder can be anywhere, not just on the portal.)

Here is the link to it: [https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/40027b87-b9a8-2b10-099c-a1312e25a59c ]

Hope this helps...

Bob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not sure but maybe the below thread might put some light on your question. Again, its not going to answer your question.

Rgds,

Sree.