cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POWL Configuration for Notifications tab in Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement to configure the columns (hide certain columns, change the order of columns) shown in the Notifications tab in the portal and also to rename a radio button on the screen.  I understand the columns can be handled through the settings in the portal, but the users wanted it to be as default when they open the Notifications tab.  I have checked the possibilities in the POWL configuration for WebDynpro Application IBO_WDA_INBOX and couldn't able to find a solution for this.

Can any of you experts guide me if at all there is a possibility for attaining this through POWL configuration or is it possible through enhancing code in the SAP standard class methods?

Thanks.

Regards,

Sunil.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

You should be able to do this through Admin personalization. Try to execute your application using shift+F8 (in admin mode) and if you press the "Settings" link you can do admin personalization that will be reflected for all users. This can also be transported. That way you should be able to hide columns, change order etc.

Maybe my blog will also be usefull:

Br Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks Jan for your help on this.

As mentioned, I tried to execute the Application configuration (which is bespoke) using shift+F8 for application IBO_WDA_INBOX.  It has opened the Inbox where I can see the Workitems, Notifications etc.  Can you please let me know how I can go in the admin mode to the personalization which can be default to all the users?

With Best Regards,

Sunil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

When executing in admin mode with shift+F8 check that your url ends with &sap-config-mode=X. This tells you that you are in admin mode. You need to be on your development client as you will be creating transports.

Then press the settings link as shown below. Create the view you want and press "save as". Then you can give your view a name and also set it as the initial view the user is met with. When saved you will be prompted to put your new setting in a transport.

Br Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks Jan.  It worked out well for me.

With Best Regards,

Sunil.

Answers (0)