cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to change status of a previously completed step in a process chain

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Does someone know if it is possible to change the status of a previously completed step (or even the entire chain) by means of another process step?

The situation is that I happen to have a query which will, given a certain situation, have a step going read and causing an alternate method of completing the loading procedure.

If that situation occurs and all subsequent steps have been green, the whole chain is supposed to be green. However through the initial error the chain will show up read in the monitor.....

Now I am looking for a method/process step to change the status of either the process that went on read or to set the status of the entire chain to green (despite having a step turning read).

Does anybody have an idea on that issue?

Regards,

Minima

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi,

check out my weblog: /people/siegfried.szameitat/blog/2006/02/26/restarting-processchains

Of course it is called restarting process chains, but anyway, wiht fm described in the weblog, you can set each status you want to a chain or a process in a chain.

regards

Siggi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Very interesting blog, but it is not exactly what I am looking for.....

My Process chain incorporates a loop and after the loop failed (no more flat files to load) I would like to continue with processing.

The issue at hand is now that I would like to entire chain to go on green, despite the fact that a certain step went on red.

As far as I understand that is what you are doing in the first part of your blog. However, you are doing the entire steps manually and I am searching for a way on how to do it automatically......

Do you have any idea where I could continue my search on that topic?

Regards,

Minima

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

as you want to do the stuff automatically you might think about creating a abap containing that fm and selecting the relevant entries for the fm from table rspcprocesslog.

regards

Siggi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, but how do I retrieve the variant and instance in a subsequent step of the process chain?

And in addition I need to change the status, but the subsequent processes should not continue.....

As far as I can see it I could create a program doing exactly what you do manually, however where I wouldn't be able to retreive the required instance and variant name. In addition I wouldn't be able to change the status of the step without causing the subsequent steps to continue processing.

I could develop a ABAP doing all those steps, however I consider that rather complicated.

Does anybody know of a simpler solution?

If not, does someone know on how to retreive the instance of a process step during a running process chain?

Answers (0)