cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possibility for LDAP HA solution with SSL and non-SSL servers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've setup a SSL against LDAP (MS AD) and a HA solution by following the instructions on http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/cc/cdd93f130f9115e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

ume.ldap.access.server_name=server1.company.com,server2.company.com

ume.ldap.access.server_port=636,636

and enabled ssl.

What I am wondering if it is possible to setup a HA solution for LDAP which does the following

1. Check on SSL(port 636) against server1.company.com

2. Check on SSL(port 636) against server2.company.com

3. Check on non-SSL(port 389) against server1.company.com

4. Check on non-SSL(port 389) against server2.company.com

(mainly to be a backup in case the certificate is changed or AD is having some problems with SSL)

Anyone?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to setup SSL connection between Microsoft AD 2003 and NW 04 SP11 in R/W mode. I am able to do Read but not write. When I try to create a use its throwing an error. Any ideas. Also want to know your landscape.

Thanks

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I haven't had time to answer your questions and unfortunately won't have in the forseeable future.

I'm using read only, so I do not know about RW, except that AD requires SSL and probably some settings on the AD server as well as the account you are connecting with.

BTW. The answer to the original question is that it is not possible to mix ssl and non-ssl connections to LDAP

Regards

Dagfinn

Message was edited by: Dagfinn Parnas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dagfinn

Few days back i posted a message regarding connecting to MS ADS LDAP. I think u have successfully done this. Can please suggest me for that query.

or pl give me ur mail id.

pvpreddy@yahoo.com

Regards

PRadeep