cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal will not load in Browser

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are running EP6 SP2 Patch 29. I can start the portal and it starts without any errors, but when I try to access it in a web browser nothing loads. This the second server in a cluster.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Keith

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try login from other hosts/browsers. Perhaps you've had a recent IE patch... what is your browser version.

You might also try some non-browser utilities such as tinyget to see if it a browser issue and not a server issue.

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Try to access with FQDN in webbrowser.

Thx

PRadeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am already using the FQDN.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Keith

daniel_davinci
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you able to see the server at all? When you say this is the second cluster I take that to mean that you can access one of the nodes just not the second node. Is that correct?

Not sure if this feature is available in 6.20 but what do you get if you enter http://host:wasport

Do you get the was admin page? If yes what is the state of the node you are trying to access?

If you cant see the server at all verify that you are able to ping the host etc and check that this is not a DNS issue... if you cant ping it try adding the IP address and hostname of the server into your hosts file.

Regards

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Daniel,

I can access the server at the Unix level and when I look at the console_logs the server nodes are started without any errors. But when I try to access the site at http://server.domain.com:51000/irj the browser just clocks and never loads the site.

This is the second server in a cluster of 2 servers.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Keith

daniel_davinci
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok.. and what happens if you take the irj of the end of the url.. do you get the WAS admin page?

Are you able to ping the host from your machine using server.domain.com?

Does the browser say SAP Portal or something or rather at the top of the page? (im trying to establish if it is the login page having problems).

Also have you implemented any SSO or other security features that may be causing the page not to load?

Has this ever worked or is this a new install?

Regards

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I remove the /irj the admin page does not load.

I am able to ping the server and do a telnet on port 51000.

The browser does not say anthing at the top.

There should noe be any SSO or other security features that would cause the portal not to load.

This is not a new install and the has worked in the past. It was recently updated to Patch29, but I think it worked after that.

Thanks for all the help,

Keith

daniel_davinci
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ouch.. Sorry but I'm just about out of suggestions other than to try re-boot the machine and restart the portal (always a good last resort) or try to re-apply the latest patch..

Is there nothing appearing in the log files?

Regards

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

The log files are clean. Everything starts successfully and no errors in the log files.

Thanks,

Keith