Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal Session content in BSP

former_member184313
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

My BSP inside an iView is located in the xRPM content. What I now try to achieve is, to hand over the chosen project-id from the portal to the BSP - iView.

request->get_cookies provides me with the cookie "sap-appcontext", which I think contains the portal session-id. Since BSP has it's own session-id, I somehow have to get the session - content of the portal, where I hope, the chosen project-id is stored.

Am I on the right way?

I would appreciate any help or suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member181879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Am I on the right way?

NO.

You can not really hand anything over to the portal, in my opinion, but more hand some information over to another application also running in a portal iview (on the same page). Here the best approach would be portal eventing.

former_member184313
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Brian

Thanks for helping me again!

I read several documentation and your Weblog #634. That helped me to get an idea of portal eventing.

Still I have some general questions how to solve my problem:

How can I register such an event inside xRPM-content without modifying the standard-source? Or how can I find out, if there's an event fired I could use?

It's hard to understand, why it's not possible to access session-information of the portal from a BSP started in the same page...

Thanks!

Daniel

former_member181879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>How can I register such an event inside xRPM-content without modifying the standard-source? Or how can I find out, if there's an event fired I could use?</i>

I see no real easy way. I have never seen the source code of xRPM, and know no developers inhouse to ask directly. Effectively portal eventing is just JavaScript code. To see if xRPM supports any events, why not look at the outputted HTML. Look for anything to do with EPCM, or search for events.

<i>It's hard to understand, why it's not possible to access session-information of the portal from a BSP started in the same page...</i>

What exactly session information do you wish to know. From my understanding, you have a BSP running inside the portal. Inside this BSP application you wish to know something. I assume not exactly session ids, but some other information from the portal. Maybe this helps us.

At the low level of HTML is might be easier to understand. The portal renders the HTML page, and then starts the BSP inside an <iframe>. The BSP does not know anything about the surrounding environment. Of course you could use JavaScript to walk up the dom (document.parent) and look at things inside the other frames. But keep in mind you are in the browser, and not on the portal server, not in the ABAP stack (where BSP is). So you can only look at rendered code. And this can (and will) change per SP.

At the end of the day it is all plain HTML in your browser, and this are what sets your limitations.

brian